QPR fan in peace -- a little context

flatfoot

QPR's new ground should be a laugh. I really don't see how they can warrant it. 

You have to understand that it isnt necessarily warranted for just use by us... it will be, I am guessing, try to emulate O2, but with better connections and more central.... main reason Phil Beard is on board, as he knows jack about football. many fans are sad at prosp[ect of leaving our cramped, uncomfortable ground with spectators nearly on the pitch. Can play into our hands... One of the funniest being Mata walking to take a corner in front of R Block and then retreating and leaving for another to take. 

I will grant you that it is a shitty little ground stuck in the 80's, but it is ours and many have very fond memories of there. Any similarity to the BBG?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to understand that it isnt necessarily warranted for just use by us... it will be, I am guessing, try to emulate O2, but with better connections and more central.... main reason Phil Beard is on board, as he knows jack about football. many fans are sad at prosp[ect of leaving our cramped, uncomfortable ground with spectators nearly on the pitch. Can play into our hands... One of the funniest being Mata walking to take a corner in front of R Block and then retreating and leaving for another to take.

I will grant you that it is a shitty little ground stuck in the 80's, but it is ours and many have very fond memories of there. Any similarity to the BBG?

Yep. Always uncomfortable for visitors at these sort of grounds when they're rocking. Especially players that have become used to playing in cosy arenas where supporters are just background. Old grounds are quite intruding. I like going to them.

Yep. Always uncomfortable for visitors at these sort of grounds when they're rocking. Especially players that have become used to playing in cosy arenas where supporters are just background. Old grounds are quite intruding. I like going to them.

Was certainly rocking on Monday... been missing for some time and we have to hark back to the final home games of our first season back up, but few days will ever beat the 1-0 over the Scum and the two sendings off.... I am sure you can imagine how that would have felt if you were playing the trees and that happened... SUBLIME

Round of applause for lowering yourself to the We Are The Rangers Boys standard of posting.

I would like to express my deep regrets for the comment I made and apologize for my actions. It was inappropriate, immature and lacked respect that you and my fellow users deserve.

While I cannot alter what has transpired, I have taken steps to ensure that similar incidents and misunderstandings will not occur in the future. I have every intention of curbing my thoughtless actions and learn to adjust my behaviour befitting the environment and situation. 

I would like to express my deep regrets for the comment I made and apologize for my actions. It was inappropriate, immature and lacked respect that you and my fellow users deserve.

While I cannot alter what has transpired, I have taken steps to ensure that similar incidents and misunderstandings will not occur in the future. I have every intention of curbing my thoughtless actions and learn to adjust my behaviour befitting the environment and situation. 

Doing a Pardew?

One has to remember this is Derby County FC, we have one of the most respected and fervent fan bases in the world...

Step up to the mark :rolleyes:

Flatfoot, you have some of the most arrogant ******* I've ever come across on football forums on that one particular forum, and anyone who brings up the tragic murder of children to insinuate all Derby County fans are of a similar ilk, as one of your fellow QPR fans did on there, deserves to be beaten to a pulp. Not one of your lot has had the decency to accept that we, with a fraction of your wage bill & transfer costs, finished comfortably clear of you in third place, won more games than you, scored more goals than you and played better football than you. That arrogance reinforces why so many are hating your club right now.

You'd better hope that you beat us at Wembley because if not you are going the same way as Portsmouth and within a similar timescale, and I for one will be ******* glad.

See you at Wembley.

Fair play to the QPR fans on this thread. I don't think many would dispute that like most other clubs, you've had your hard times too. I remember you being in the third tier not so long back & the Vauxhall Motors FA Cup defeat.

Your key problem is obviously that now you're part of the "nouveau riche", you're there to be shot at. Fair? Well, possibly not & there may well be some jealousy in certain quarters & a feeling of disruption of football's "natural order" in others. That said, is it fair that you have a wage bill at least twice the size & possibly 3 times the size of ours? Its this scorched earth financial policy that is murdering clubs in this country & may well do for you guys if Fernandes loses interest.

Added complications for me are firstly, that total bellend you have as a manager - always seeking to embellish his own modest achievement when in reality he should have been sacked for only finishing 4th bearing in mind the talent & resources he had at his disposal. Secondly, I don't think it helps that you're London based - it seems to have bred an unpleasant element in your support who buy into the old cobblers that "everything north of Watford is a slum". For fans of a club that rightly or wrongly see themselves as larger than QPR, that kind of overinflated superiority complex is going to seem pretty offensive.

Like I said, all the best to the genuine QPR fans on here - I hope one day you get your club back. Leave the world domination to those charmless cretins down the road.

Flatfoot, you have some of the most arrogant ******* I've ever come across on football forums on that one particular forum, and anyone who brings up the tragic murder of children to insinuate all Derby County fans are of a similar ilk, as one of your fellow QPR fans did on there, deserves to be beaten to a pulp. Not one of your lot has had the decency to accept that we, with a fraction of your wage bill & transfer costs, finished comfortably clear of you in third place, won more games than you, scored more goals than you and played better football than you. That arrogance reinforces why so many are hating your club right now.

You'd better hope that you beat us at Wembley because if not you are going the same way as Portsmouth and within a similar timescale, and I for one will be ******* glad.

See you at Wembley.

You, with a fraction of our wage bill and transfer costs, finished comfortably clear of us in third place, won more games than us, scored more goals than us and played better football than us.

Play-offs can be a real bugger...

Every football club has its story and if you look hard enough, every club has fans that are just as passionate as you are about the Rams and often some even more passionate.

But the long and short of it is I'm not even going to think about feeling sorry for you or your club flatfoot. The game on the 24th is too important to see you as anything other than "the enemy".

Ask me a few weeks after the game how I feel about QPR.

To be fair to the qpr posters on here, some people seem to be basing their responses on the utter crap spouted on an entirely different forum, which they've done their best to disown.

We should all know the feeling of having cnuts for owners, ripping the heart out of the club we love, and being powerless to prevent it.

The sad thing is they can't see their current owners are just a bit less sh1te than the one's they've had.

Just had to put 2 right on The football forum. Boasting about how they have sold 14,600 today and it's took us 2 days to sell 15,500.

Told them to have a look again on Saturday when people can buy more than 1 ticket.

I'm old enough to remember QPR coming out of the third division as league cup winners, then the following season smashing their way straight through the second division with Marsh up front.

Derby amazingly did the double over them that season, 1-0 at Loftus Road and 4-0 at The Baseball Ground. The next year, it was our turn for promotion. Always admired QPR, although those feelings dissipated somewhat when we lost at home 5-1 a year or so later.

To be fair to the qpr posters on here, some people seem to be basing their responses on the utter crap spouted on an entirely different forum, which they've done their best to disown.

We should all know the feeling of having cnuts for owners, ripping the heart out of the club we love, and being powerless to prevent it.

The sad thing is they can't see their current owners are just a bit less sh1te than the one's they've had.

Well I registered today because you all seemed to be judging us on the basis of the posters on" wearetherangersboys" a website set up and run to divide the fanbase by allies of Gianni Paladini .

Also we were accused of being Chelsea wannabe fans which frankly is an insult . Rangers fans hate Chelsea with a passion not least because of the rascist thread that runs through their club from the days of Paul Canoville to the present club captain . 

I have enjoyed today 

Archived