Midfield dilemma

ollieb123

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hendrick, Bryson and thorne. 

Thought Thorne and Hendrick were absolute quailty again today, and just can't leave Bryson out. Harsh on Hughes as I thought he played his best game in a long time today, get's shrugged off the ball too often though. 

I think Hughes has to play as he's the only one who gives us that level of ball possession.

Thorne is nailed on for the CDM role, so then it's between Hendrick and Bryson.

Both are very good going forward but in different ways. Bryson links up neatly with others (specifically Martin) whereas Hendrick has the strength to power forward on his own, so it's up to McClaren to decide which of those approaches he favours.

For me, it's Thorne, Hughes and Bryson. The large Wembley pitch should give Will plenty of space. If he's is getting knocked about, swap him for Hendrick, concentrate less on intricate passing and put Thorne in charge of ball retention, which he's more than capable of.

See, this tactics lark is a piece of pi$$

I would accept that Thorne is going back to his club anyway and go with Bryson Hughes Hendrick with Eustace as an option. Thorne has been Schteeves best signing but for me hardly ireplaceable.

I would accept that Thorne is going back to his club anyway and go with Bryson Hughes Hendrick with Eustace as an option. Thorne has been Schteeves best signing but for me hardly ireplaceable.

Most important game for years and you're advocating a midfield trio which has failed time and again?

Hendrick, Bryson and Hughes does not work.

Those 3 are all attacking midfielders...

We tried playing Hendrick in the holding role and he was nowhere near as effective as when he's pressing high up the pitch, look at his goal today as proof.

Therefore, Thorne is irreplaceable as he is one of 2 CDMs we have and he is better than Eustace, our other option.

Archived