Play-off Final: Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

CumbrianRam

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Positives from my experience of the game yesterday..

1/ Great trip down , with some very nice people ..

2/ Great trip back , with some very nice people ..

3/ I thought our support was fantastic , although songs tended to break down before they took hold..

4/ I thought the sea of QPR Flags looked , it has to be said .. AWESOME..

(Wish we'd done that)..

5/ QPR will struggle to reach double figures next season , ( Sorry GMR)

6/ We feel raw , but another season in the Championship will prepare us better..

7/ Great to hear positive comments from other teams fans..

8/ We were the better team , by a mile..

9/ The update on the Prediction League will be a lot easier for me due to the negative result .. :ph34r:

10/ It's been a great season , Proud to be part of it ..

Roll on August , COYR'S !!

What about negatives?

1) weather was atrocious

2) traffic was worse

3) my ticket didn't work

4) stood in a thunder storm to sort it out

5) missed the first 7 minutes

6) we lost

7) more traffic

8) missed the champions league final

I feel gutted.

But I feel more proud than that.

We played well, but just couslbt seem to find the net.

Seems like the cruelest of twists.

Thorne was epic

As was Buxton.

Not that it makes any difference, but I thought Hughes and Russell were coming into their own and I thought the substitution was a little mis-timed.

It's good to feel sad, but there's no point worrying until we see who sticks about for next season.

If they all do.

We'll hammer everyone.

Yes, of course we can say we were robbed but we failed to score against 10 men for 30 minutes and we gifted them a goal when we had at least 2 chances to clear the ball. For all the goals we've scored this season our final ball has often been found wanting and our inability to get decent crosses in cost us dearly yesterday- we made nothing of all the corners we had. It's desperately disappointing but we have to improve the squad for next season and look for automatic promotion. Personally I would ditch Ward and Russell and find 2 new wingers. Neither of them seems capable of delivering good crosses/free kicks/corners/penalties with any regularity and rarely beat their man in a one to one situation. Hughes is a fabulous talent but needs to improve his physical strength (and complain a little less). Thorne has been immense but it looks like we will have to replace him. Let's hope our owners have enjoyed the ride this season and allow the manager to invest further in the team

After watching if again, what the heck was Forsyth doing on the goal, left the ball, then just let him cross it.

Difference was the centre halfs for me, there were class and on the 3 times they came forward our I thought look shaky

Only just now seen the goal on telly, can't believe it. Between the pair of them, fozzie and Bucko made a complete hash of that throw in, then Keogh could have kicked or even just touched it just about anywhere else on the planet, but he played the absolute perfect ball into Zamora.

I could not think of a better way to gift the opposition a goal.

And I'm afraid while we played them off the park, we have to ask questions why we were so dominant against 10 men for such a long time - and a team that made absolutely no attempt to even leave their half - and couldn't score.

That said, overall I thought we played so, so well yesterday, so proud of the players and what they've given us this season. Just hope we can keep the best of the team together for next season and go again.

I hope Steve gets the funds to get another forward in. Martin is brilliant but QPR knew how to stop us getting the ball to him. Another decent forward would give Steve the chance to play a different way when necessary, maybe with two up top on occasions.

What about negatives?

1) weather was atrocious

2) traffic was worse

3) my ticket didn't work

4) stood in a thunder storm to sort it out

5) missed the first 7 minutes

6) we lost

7) more traffic

8) missed the champions league final

Sounds similar to my day. 4 and a half to get to Wembley, never saw a pub, 3 and a half to get back to see Gareth Bale head the ball in from 5 yards and be labeled a genius after Di Maria beat about 3 players and forced a great save.

As if you want to hear anymore hype around media darlings after we just lost to that bulldog

Biggest positive of this whole week was I found this forum. I have lived 150 miles away from Derby for twenty years now and have admittedly grown distant from the club that I had a season ticket for in the 80s and early 90s. Made a conscious effort to get back involved and reading here really helped. I went yesterday (sorry to any regulars who did not get a ticket) and have the bug again. Plan to go to at least eight home games next season and the away games more local to me.

Archived