Play-off Final: Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

CumbrianRam

What tactics will QPR struggle with?

Teams pressing high...it isolates Austin. Expect to see Zamora brought on, particularly, if this is the case. Fast wingers... generally anything that moves fast! Probably most comfortable with teams that rely on route one

Set pieces, particularly corners, though have seen complaints on here that isnt your strong point

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Juventus for life? Juventus can get f****** the poxy cheating *******.

Whoops, f***** got through the swear filter.

Not being funny but if you've watched Barton's career you'd see that you're far from the truth. You don't go to clubs such as Newcastle and Marseille and succeed if you pass "sideways". In his own right he shouldn't be playing in this division, but that's how it's worked out for him.

From the 6 or so games I've watched him this season, he has been gash. 

One sweetly struck free-kick aside, he has been poor. Take the game at our place for example.

He tried to kick Hughes off the pitch, tried to cause fights... He only wound himself up - pathetic player. Along side Tom Carroll, hopefully, it will be the biggest mismatch in the game. 

But Redknapp is adamant he is concentrating on matters on the pitch.

"I don't know what the financial situation is and I don't even know the wages of any of the players at this club to be truthful," he told BBC London 94.9.

"I don't get involved in that side of it.

"When players do contracts they don't do contracts with me. With players we have brought in we haven't gone silly with wages.

"I think the club is being run by good people who care. I'd like to see them get back in the Premier League.

"We are together and want to do it together."

My Mystic Meg moment is 2-1 Derby. Hendrick with a low drive through the a cluster of bodies, low to keepers left in the 78th minute. Man hugs a plenty, final whistle, cue Jake Buxton drinking mead from a goblet…..

then eating the goblet.

Ever since Albert said the club that finishes fourth never goes up, this has bothered me.

I'm tending to think of a Qpr win that bugger Austin scoring two.

But Redknapp is adamant he is concentrating on matters on the pitch.

"I don't know what the financial situation is and I don't even know the wages of any of the players at this club to be truthful," he told BBC London 94.9.

"I don't get involved in that side of it.

"When players do contracts they don't do contracts with me. With players we have brought in we haven't gone silly with wages.

"I think the club is being run by good people who care. I'd like to see them get back in the Premier League.

"We are together and want to do it together."

It is this sort of flagrant duplicity (read bull****) that wrankles most about the man. How can he alledge not to ascertain the general financial wellbeing of the club? How can his pals on Fleet Street not guffaw at every 'porky-pie' that drips from his mouth? He is a vile man quite suited to the club he is managing. The degree to which he has fallen from grace is wonderfully karmic. Back in 2012 he had led Tottenham to a top 4 finish and thought he would round-off his career with a stint in the England job, only to fully screw-up his chances with some dodgy accounting. Praise be to the cosmic gods, he will receive his retribution on Saturday.... I hope it is some fire and brimstone stuff.

And another thing. Why is he insistent on trying to paint us as the favourites. I don't really care for this pass-the-parcel of favourite tag that teams tend to do these days, as if it has some psycological bearing on the result, but it is farcical trying to paint a side that has barely a slither of the financial burden of QPR as the team with the most pressure when the prize is so financially rewarding. Uh, the man is such a cretin.

And another thing. Why is he insistent on trying to paint us as the favourites. I don't really care for this pass-the-parcel of favourite tag that teams tend to do these days, as if it has some psycological bearing on the result, but it is farcical trying to paint a side that has barely a slither of the financial burden of QPR as the team with the most pressure when the prize is so financially rewarding. Uh, the man is such a cretin.

I am not sure he has. Not in the presser. What he did ask was why was there an expectation of QPR when Derby are big club, with 25-30k each week, triffic stadium, terrific history, He laso said that the bookie make you favourites

The press like the idea of him being the underdog (and I mean him rather than QPR)... if somehow manage to beat you, then it will make good copy. Similarly, they will concentrate at some point, IMO, on Mac and the brolly and Kranjar

I think he was inferring that we are in rather large brushstrokes, though I do agree with your comments and it is a perpetual system where the media and Harry are concerned. He expects them to eat his bull, so he comes out with more of it. Given the state of the journalism in the UK, I wouldn't be surprised to ser brolly/Krancjar related riffs coming out tomorrow. I just hope not to hear anything from that fool Geoff Shreeves.

Archived