Just Eat.......

nfb

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we can have it in black and white and not red. I think Ipro really missed out here. I do not know why people hate what we have currently. Smart phones are a respectable product and the logo suits the kit.

I like it too, but just eat is a global company. More investment, I'm quite happy we attracted a pretty big company

I like it too, but just eat is a global company. More investment, I'm quite happy we attracted a pretty big company

Hold on a minute. They are a registry service. Entirely internet based. They operate and were set up in the UK and are used in another 12 countries. It is a flash in the pan internet business. Their business model is a dime a dozen. 100 start ups could emerge tomorrow. 

Hold on a minute. They are a registry service. Entirely internet based. They operate and were set up in the UK and are used in another 12 countries. It is a flash in the pan internet business. Their business model is a dime a dozen. 100 start ups could emerge tomorrow.

700 million pounds turnover somewhere I read! Don't quote me though, not really flash in the pan is it?

700 million pounds turnover somewhere I read! Don't quote me though, not really flash in the pan is it?

Due to the nature of their business environment, yes it is. As I said 100 start ups could emerge tomorrow. They do not do something unique that another organisation could not. I just read that they are about to float for around £700m. Which means a couple of things really. The are not making enough profit to re-invest back into themselves to grow and or they have peaked. 

The company claims to generate over $500m (£312m) in revenue a year for the restaurant industry. As of July 2012. For this service Just-Eat takes a 11-12% commission. Which means at that point in time their own revenue was no higher than £37.5m annually. 

They got an early footing on an emerging market. But 12% commission is pretty damn high. Competition will drive that standard commission down. Let us not get hard for an organisation that does not warrant it. All we should care about as fans is if the logo looks good and suits the kit. If we got a good deal and whether the sponsor is a scumbag organisation or not. 

Due to the nature of their business environment, yes it is. As I said 100 start ups could emerge tomorrow. They do not do something unique that another organisation could not. I just read that they are about to float for around £700m. Which means a couple of things really. The are not making enough profit to re-invest back into themselves to grow and or they have peaked.

The company claims to generate over $500m (£312m) in revenue a year for the restaurant industry. As of July 2012. For this service Just-Eat takes a 11-12% commission. Which means at that point in time their own revenue was no higher than £37.5m annually.

They got an early footing on an emerging market. But 12% commission is pretty damn high. Competition will drive that standard commission down. Let us not get hard for an organisation that does not warrant it. All we should care about as fans is if the logo looks good and suits the kit. If we got a good deal and whether the sponsor is a scumbag organisation or not.

that's fair enough explanation and more than I could say, it's got to better than say.... Being sponsored by your own chairman like a certain club down the road

that's fair enough explanation and more than I could say, it's got to better than say.... Being sponsored by your own chairman like a certain club down the road

Oh of course. Again, this is all that matters: All we should care about as fans is if the logo looks good and suits the kit. If we got a good deal and whether the sponsor is a scumbag organisation or not.

Let us hope we don't get a silly logo from them. Fingers crossed for JE in black. I am concerned when I see this lot:  https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=just+eat&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=uDxuU-74Hoyg7Aa9n4DAAQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoBA&biw=1366&bih=659

They've got the holy grail of a solid customer base who wouldn't entertain looking elsewhere.

If you're a student at my uni, if you order, you go through Just Eat - or you do not order at all. I'm a second year and I don't think I've once had a takeaway, or seen a mate get a takeaway, through any other form other than Just Eat. In fact, I've never even tried ordering from somewhere direct. 

Now I've had time to think about it, the deal sounds really good now. Yeh it's a takeaway company, but, it could be a lot worse. Remember Portsmouth being sponsored by 'ty'... Newcasle with Wonga, loads more. I'm sure one team was sponsored by Bonah or something like that.

If it brings the cash,I'm on it like a rash.

Archived