Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

I guess that's easier said than done.

I think the best option to get rid of Sammon is to send him to Sheff Utd I struggle to see anyone else willing to take him. There's always rumours about Ipswich but nothing ever happens and I can't see any teams in this division willing to take him. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the best option to get rid of Sammon is to send him to Sheff Utd I struggle to see anyone else willing to take him. There's always rumours about Ipswich but nothing ever happens and I can't see any teams in this division willing to take him. 

Would Shef Utd. be able, or more appropriately willing, to pay his wages?

I'm a big fan of developing young players but we have zero evidence to back up the idea that bennett is ready for even semi-regular first team football...

True but we have a lot of evidence to back up idea that Sammon is not good enough for even semi-regular first team football.

True but we have a lot of evidence to back up idea that Sammon is not good enough for even semi-regular first team football.

I disagree... I think he's a great option to have... think if we played 4-4-2 he's a great player to have alongside Martin cos then you have two big strong centre forwards... 

I also think he scares defenders too... We've seen plenty of examples of goals where we've stolen the ball pressing in the opposition half and he does that really well...

I don't think he's right for our first choice formation but think he's a good player still... Think the Sammon hating mob are a bit 1-dimensional in their views... It's not just "good" or "not good"... there's a sliding scale...

(interweb points to anyone who can use sliding scale without suggesting that Sammon is sliding down it... cos that would be HILARIOUS...)

I disagree... I think he's a great option to have... think if we played 4-4-2 he's a great player to have alongside Martin cos then you have two big strong centre forwards... 

I also think he scares defenders too... We've seen plenty of examples of goals where we've stolen the ball pressing in the opposition half and he does that really well...

I don't think he's right for our first choice formation but think he's a good player still... Think the Sammon hating mob are a bit 1-dimensional in their views... It's not just "good" or "not good"... there's a sliding scale...

(interweb points to anyone who can use sliding scale without suggesting that Sammon is sliding down it... cos that would be HILARIOUS...)

He can't hold the ball up or shoot. All he does is run around a pressurize defenders. Therefore he does not fit our system at all, where retaining possession is key...

Anthony Pilkington on a free transfer? Good winger, still only 26, always rated him and played well in the Prem whenever I saw him and can tale decent set pieces. Would be a very astute signing in my opinion.

A much better option than GMS and even though wages might be higher if he comes on a free..........

Archived