Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think he would expect first team football after the season he had in League One and I don't think we could provide that for him. Would be a better back up than Sammon, but couldn't see him being picked ahead of Russell if I'm honest.

I'd play him on the other wing:                      Agard                Martin                Russell

He would be a great addition to the squad I think.

Stevie May as a backup striker? Plays for St Johnstone and scored plenty of goals in the SPL last year while helping the team win the Scottish Cup. Scored 27 goals overall which for a 21 year old is not too bad.

Also for a right back/centre back, Cyrus Christie from Coventry, can play both positions and is still young.

Stevie May as a backup striker? Plays for St Johnstone and scored plenty of goals in the SPL last year while helping the team win the Scottish Cup. Scored 27 goals overall which for a 21 year old is not too bad.

Also for a right back/centre back, Cyrus Christie from Coventry, can play both positions and is still young.

Cyrus Christie is not highly rated at Coventry so doubt he's good enough for us...

I would like to see us put a decent offer in for Wisdom - I don't see why he wouldn't consider it. Especially for a promotion push - and he'd be much loved!

I'd love to see Agard in a Derby shirt? I presume he'd be on a free? That way he'd get the chance of first team football. But would understand that he'd have competition off of Ward and Dawkins. It would also give us multiple options on both wing. Jesse Lingard would have the same effect.

Who'd have thought we would sign Igor, Asanovic, Wanchope, Shilton, Ooooh Mark Wright, Ted McMinn........ The list goes on.

It was just a thought??!!?

Granted maybe a shot in the dark or even a very long shot in the dark.

Dunno about the older players as I wasn't around when they signed but Asanovic and Wanchope both signed when we were in the Prem... and Stimac signed from Hadjuk Split who are hardly a top team in a top league...

I don't think it's out of the realms of possibility we could sign someone from a top team... but would have to be someone who's surplus to requirements there and prepared to drop down a tier...

Archived