Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryan gauld been linked with all the big boys, can't remember when there's been a young spl player attract so much interest, unlikely we'd be the most attractive suitor, unfortunately.

I agree in part, but what we do offer is a former Dundee Utd player who he may know and have looked up to, a young up-and-coming team who gives youth a chance in a league who would be able to contribute to.

I agree in part, but what we do offer is a former Dundee Utd player who he may know and have looked up to, a young up-and-coming team who gives youth a chance in a league who would be able to contribute to.

Don't get me wrong, would like to see him here, based on what I've read, just don't think it's likely.

Maybe jr could swing it for us.

Not a fan of that idea then? For me "the beast" would be far harder to shrug off the ball in the middle, battling against a physical centre forward. And would be a good footballing centre half too.

No, I'm really pro Wisdom at CB and have been saying for ages we should sign him as a CB, just the idea of Keogh at RB makes me queasy.

No, I'm really pro Wisdom at CB and have been saying for ages we should sign him as a CB, just the idea of Keogh at RB makes me queasy.

Agree the rationale for me is very much that I think Wisdom could be the best CB in the division, rather than especially wanting Keogh at right back. But I'm not absolutely set against trying Keogh there. Though it was a fine own goal in midweek (poor guy!).

I'd be half tempted, not knowing our budget, to offer Chelsea 1.5m to 2m for Lewis Baker and John Swift.

They're crowded out of playing at Chelsea, hitting 20 next season too. I guess it all depends on budget though, but they'd be a great investment as opposed to signings.

I think both players have the same potential as Hughes, and could be available quite cheap. I'd be envious of anyone who signs them. 

I'd be half tempted, not knowing our budget, to offer Chelsea 1.5m to 2m for Lewis Baker and John Swift.

They're crowded out of playing at Chelsea, hitting 20 next season too. I guess it all depends on budget though, but they'd be a great investment as opposed to signings.

I think both players have the same potential as Hughes, and could be available quite cheap. I'd be envious of anyone who signs them.

With them just signing Fabregas as well! I think it would be more realistic to offer £500k for one of them

With them just signing Fabregas as well! I think it would be more realistic to offer £500k for one of them

They're two of the best NextGen players in Europe. 500k wouldn't be enough, I don't imagine. 

They both had appearances on the bench last season, mind. So, it could still be neigh on impossible to sign them. 

Ginkel, Piazon, Atsu...etc are all rated higher than Baker and Swift at Chelsea.

They had around 30 players out on loan last season, the ones that weren't on loan (that won the NextGEN prem) are still below that lot of 30-odd players. 

Both are really good, but have around 9/10 players in front of them, not to mention themselves, so a strong permanent offer could see them let them go. 

Max Clayton?

Out of contract, few champ clubs interested, only 19, very highly rated

Squad player maybe?

I wondered about him, was hugely rated a couple of years ago and supposedly considered a better prospect than Powell. The hype seems to have died down and his stats don't look that impressive but there must be something their considering the amount of people who were said to be scouting him before. If Steve thought there was something there he could work with I'd be all for giving him a go.

Talking to my mate who supports Orient today and he said that their young winger Moses Odubajo is generating a lot of interest. He obviously doesn't want him to leave but seems almost resigned to the fact he will go after they missed out on promotion. He says if Odubajo left he'd love him to go to Derby as he would actually get games and not be forgotten about plus he'd really suit our attacking style.
Never seen him play myself but he described him as Zaha-esque but more of a team player.

Archived