1st ever Rams game?

Rev

Apologies if this has been done before, but thought now would be a good time to ask 'What was your 1st ever experience of watching Derby?

My first ever game was Derby vs Everton late 80s/early 90s I guess - 3-2 to derby goddard 2 Saunders 1, watched from family enclosure, people standing on milk crates etc.

Not coming from a football supporting family i was hooked, it was the 1st time i felt a sense of belonging to something bigger, the fact I could get in for free to popside with a council bus pass for most games sealed the deal, using the money saved to catch the felix football special to away games.

Would love to hear your stories about your 1st games, and how u have come to support DCFC.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea.

I was about 5 when I was taken to see Derby, but I was even younger when I was taken to see Gillingham.

No idea.

I was about 5 when I was taken to see Derby, but I was even younger when I was taken to see Gillingham.

I was also 5 and haven't got a clue who we played, I was too busy taking in the sights and sounds of the BBG.

My first game was a reserve game, a 0-0 draw against Leeds in either 78 or 79. My first 1st team game was Xmas 79, a 1-3 defeat to Liverpool with big Roger Davies scoring at both ends.

Peter Taylor's last home league match versus Brighton. We lost 0-3 I think but I was hooked, the noise and the beef tea was enough for this thirteen year old. I remember turning the corner off Dairy House Rd and being more than a little taken back by the sight and size of the side of the Ossie Stand. Seems daft now but it seemed so big and impressive.

Can't remember my first game but my earliest memory is watching lee Morris baring down on loose back pass for the keeper to come sliding out to claim it. The keeper was sent off for handling outside of the area and the first thing the sub keeper had to do was pick the ball out the net after kinkladze had lashed home the resulting freekick.

Well my first game was away at Sheff United in the 5th rd FA cup with over 10,000 derby fans in there away end and we won 1 nil  :D i was only about 12 years old and my Mum let me go with a load of strangers on a train from Worksop to sheff with £5 spending money for the day ?  ( she hates me ) lol

Well my first game was away at Sheff United in the 5th rd FA cup with over 10,000 derby fans in there away end and we won 1 nil  :D i was only about 12 years old and my Mum let me go with a load of strangers on a train from Worksop to sheff with £5 spending money for the day ?  ( she hates me ) lol

Can't blame her! How's the tattoo?

only a few years ago... never really had a taste for football until i went, my brother though is a vivid leicester supporter, and his school was doing a cheap family day thing for derby vs leicester at pp, and my mum bought tickets for him, me my other brother and her to go since it was 'cheap' decided i was going to support derby for the game since they were my local club and all, best decision of my life, even though we lost 2-0 and i think there was a goal cancelled for offside, hooked ever since :)

Archived