Zak Whitbread, Leicester - Loan

Simon Dawkins, Spurs - Loan, then ~£500k

Andre Wisdom, Liverpool - Loan

Kalifa Cisse, unattached - Free

Michael Keane, Man Utd - Loan

Patrick Bamford, Chelsea - Loan

George Thorne, WBA - Loan

Lee Naylor, unattached - Free

Out of all that, only two - Keane and Smith - stick out as poor moves , and both were loans and haven't cost us much more than the fees associated.

Those I've marked in bold are players (imo) that are key, if not essential, to how we play. 

I can't think of a season, short of TBE or Burley, where so many transfers have worked out so well. But, also that we haven't broken the bank in doing so.

Transfermarkt also seems to think we've made a healthy profit on transfer fees this season

Income - £2.35m

Expenditure - £1.45m

(Obviously not taking into account any loan fees.)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly didn't think that Michael Keane was a poor move at all. He was certainly dominant in the opposition's area and had two perfectly good goals chalked off - it's just that he was fighting to displace Keogh and Bucko. Good luck with that.

Kalifa Cisse

Man of the match performance vs Shef Wed at home.

Cost us a win away at Huddersfield looked as though he hadn't played football before!

Weird one.

Remember Bob Malcolm had an excellent debut v Wolves and the dropped off, to be fair Cisse didn't have a proper chance after Sheff Weds.

I'd say Bamford is a good loan. Yeah, he's massively frustrating and thinks he's too good to need any effort into anything he does except shoot... But he's handy. He's got that little bit of something we've needed at times. That more instinctive, selfish striker gene.

He brings balance. I wouldn't start him but if we need to magic up something then that lazy git has that typical headline grabbing tendency.

Useful addition

Archived