Well known people who have walked past you in the street.

petersimple

June and Leon Bernicoff from that show Gogglebox passed us while walking around Chatsworth gardens last week. 

Saw Dalian Atkinson at Gatecrasher in Sheffield in the mid 90's. I attempted a conversation but was so off me tits it could've been Ron Atkinson for all I know! 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well-known (at least in Derby - apart from the first one who was well-known - period) people who have bought you a drink in the pub:

1. Peter O'Toole (he had a soft drink)

2. Roy McFarland

3. David Nish

4. Tommy Docherty

5. Gordon Guthrie

Well-known people who have cut in front of you in the check-in line at East Midlands Airport:

1. Barbara Windsor

Well-known people who your mum has threatened to throw out of her pub for swearing:

1. Rob Halford (Judas Priest)

2. David Coverdale (Whitesnake)

I used to know the lady who recorded the theme music for Midsomer Murders very well when we were teenagers. Her parents were family friends.

Very talented violinist, came from Heanor. Sadly deceased now.

I've just watched her perform that piece. It was very interesting.  It's the kind of thing nearly everyone would like to have a go at. I think I listened to a radio programme about Leon Theremin years ago.

I've just watched her perform that piece. It was very interesting.  It's the kind of thing nearly everyone would like to have a go at. I think I listened to a radio programme about Leon Theremin years ago.

Amazing to think that it was patented in 1928.

I took mike cattermole off channel 4 racing to see derby v barnsley a few years ago.

It was freezing.

2-2 draw.

I also met natalie pinkham.

But i think i pissed her off by not really knowing who she was.

She is now married to me cousin.

I took mike cattermole off channel 4 racing to see derby v barnsley a few years ago.

It was freezing.

2-2 draw.

I also met natalie pinkham.

But i think i pissed her off by not really knowing who she was.

She is now married to me cousin.

please enlighten us to who she is?

Jonathan Ross at Alton Towers. People were rugby scrumming him for a photo but I just said Hi.

Howard Wilkinson at Chesterfield train station. He was an utter cock and I just wanted to have a chat about what he was doing. He ignored me.

And very recently I saw Kaye Forster the EMT weather presenter in the pub last Saturday. Opposite side of the bar with her boyfriend (unfortunately) :(  

Slapped Big Daddy on his sweaty back once. Nice.

And served Seth from Emmerdale Farm his dinner at the Masonic Hall in Barnsley, both back in the 80's and sadly both gone now.

Nice gents.

Stood on Weymouth sea front many years ago, admiring the view and having a nice cigarette. It's a bit of a windy day so my smoke blows over to the group of people stood next to me. Cue lots of exaggerated coughing and tutting from said group of people.

I turn to my side and who do I see?

Paul Daniels, (the lovely) Debbie McGee and a full-on film crew doing some documentary on them.

Stood on Weymouth sea front many years ago, admiring the view and having a nice cigarette. It's a bit of a windy day so my smoke blows over to the group of people stood next to me. Cue lots of exaggerated coughing and tutting from said group of people.

I turn to my side and who do I see?

Paul Daniels, (the lovely) Debbie McGee and a full-on film crew doing some documentary on them.

Not keen on either of them..

Many  years ago worked in a posh restaurant during University holidays & had a few famous people in:

Trevor Francis

Dave Bassett

Lee Chapman

Leslie Ash

Jose Carreras (sp?) Opera singer for those un-cultured ones.....

but the one who pissed me off was Sian Lloyd, bloody nobody weather girl on ITV. Came in with Lembit Opik & made a fool of herself, talking too loud & complaining so everyone would see and notice her. Silly cow. laughed so hard when weird looking Opik dumped her for a Cheeky Girl a few months later.

Archived