2nd is back on !!!!!???

jimbobram

We can only beat what is put in front of us, as can any side... We should of had 2 penalties today, blatant penalties too.... as Dyche said we have been done by poor refs numerous times, but don't we all? it's part of football, and we all have to just get on with it and deal with it... you can't blame the ref that day for costing you wins at Birmingham, Bolton etc can you? it's a 46 game season, as Dyche says ''you make your own luck'' 

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can only beat what is put in front of us, as can any side... We should of had 2 penalties today, blatant penalties too.... as Dyche said we have been done by poor refs numerous times, but don't we all? it's part of football, and we all have to just get on with it and deal with it... you can't blame the ref that day for costing you wins at Birmingham, Bolton etc can you? it's a 46 game season, as Dyche says ''you make your own luck'' 

Most people on here probably agree with that, but most people remember the bad ref decision.

These thing never even out over the season (BBC/SKY BS) but you do get game when we get the run of the ball or not, but still it is a 46 game season, you have been the 2nd best team, us the 3rd.

He never dived he was triped by shackell.

We know that, but the ref disagreed - as soon as he blew for the foul (simulation), it was always going to be another yellow card. It was a joke of a decision, but that lies with the referee.

We know that, but the ref disagreed - as soon as he blew for the foul (simulation), it was always going to be another yellow card. It was a joke of a decision, but that lies with the referee.

So what's the excuse for the 3-0 pasting we gave you? if you won that then you would of taken 3 points off us and we would of taken 3 off you...

So what's the excuse for the 3-0 pasting we gave you? if you won that then you would of taken 3 points off us and we would of taken 3 off you...

Manager. :p

None really, worst game of the season, bar Forest away.

The second sentence is something Steve Coterill/Tim Sherwood would say.

It's getting exciting isn't it?!!

I've said for a little while that our home game against Ipswich (second to last game) will decide it. I think it still will. We have Blackpool away, Wigan at home and them Ipswich at home. As the other Burnley fan said, we totally dominated Boro yesterday, but they do have a bit of a hex on us currently, and recorded the double over us with yesterday's win. You guys will have had the same this season, I'm sure. Boro had a 2-3 minute spell just before half time, and that was it aside from their breakaway goal. It was like the Alamo. Goals win you games however, not possession and shots.

For what it's worth, I think that one more win for Burnley will be enough now. I can't quite see you winning all 4, but stranger things have happened. If we don't go up it will be our own fault, but yesterday's performance gives me confidence that we'll see it out. If it works out as I hope then I hope you do it in the play offs. Nobody wants QPR to go up, and I don't like Wigan either (they've been bankrolled as well) or the 'happy' southerners.

Like I said, it's getting exciting!

Bris Vegas, it's a footy forum and this thread is about catching Burnley. You're bound to get some of our fans on and, providing they're not abusive, they should be welcomed to provide debate and another point of view. Your fans continue to appear on our board and are welcomed the same.

Bris Vegas, it's a footy forum and this thread is about catching Burnley. You're bound to get some of our fans on and, providing they're not abusive, they should be welcomed to provide debate and another point of view. Your fans continue to appear on our board and are welcomed the same.

You are welcomed....just lose all your remaining games, thanks.

It's not that buddy, Burnley fans are welcome to participate on the topic.. But the other guy was intent on talking about Burnley's injuries and bad luck for some reason.. How is that relavent to whether or not Derby can close the eight point gap.

Anyway, how is Dyche getting on with the masterful post-match analogies?

Is he still talkin about tactical framework and his effervescing young squad... The guy talks so much tosh he should be a politician.

I thought the same as Bris, tbf, you are very reasoned and a good poster but the other guy just seems to have a siege mentality, nay saying our slim chances, that every knows is just wishful thinking, and saying that we won't win all our games and be lucky to win 3. Then saying You will win all 4 of your games? **** is what is screaming here.

We have had injuries? Marney has missed around 9 games.

Vokes out for the season so will miss 8 games all together.

Ings had a spell out around Christmas and has missed 5 of the past 7 games.

Trippier missed 5 of the past 6 games.

So yes we have had injuries..... (btw that is our 4 most influential players, including our main 2 strikers who have nearly 50 goals between them, and also Trippier who has the most assists in the league)

Btw, when we played Leicester at home we were 3 points behind, and unbeaten at home in over a year... we missed all 4 of the players above, and struggled and ended up getting beat, Leicester were poor created nothing and it would of been a different game had all our players been fit (Nigel Pearson said the same)

Anyway enough of the excuses, it's all shoulda coulda woulda and means nothing.

But by the time the injuries have occured you already have a massive gap, that's the point. If ings, vokes, Marney and Trippier got injured in December, would you be top 2 still? That's my point. You've been extremely lucky with injuries (sometimes you earn your luck).

You need to invest big time in the prem in my opinion, or you're screwed

It's not that buddy, Burnley fans are welcome to participate on the topic.. But the other guy was intent on talking about Burnley's injuries and bad luck for some reason.. How is that relavent to whether or not Derby can close the eight point gap.

Anyway, how is Dyche getting on with the masterful post-match analogies?

Is he still talkin about tactical framework and his effervescing young squad... The guy talks so much tosh he should be a politician.

Absolutely shocking Bris. Everytime they drop points he goes off on one on the FLS. The man needs to grow up big time

2 penalties :lol: just watched it and the 1 with Ings, he is holding Adomah as much as Adomah is holding Ings. 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other. The other "claim" the defender is standing still and your attacker falls over him. Never a penalty.

But by the time the injuries have occured you already have a massive gap, that's the point. If ings, vokes, Marney and Trippier got injured in December, would you be top 2 still? That's my point. You've been extremely lucky with injuries (sometimes you earn your luck).

You need to invest big time in the prem in my opinion, or you're screwed

Sort of correct. We had Marney out for a month and half from the end of October, during which we had a very poor run of form and barely won a game. We also had Ings missing before Xmas, and Ben Mee was out during Xmas and the new year. It's not like we've had no injuries at all, just that our front two, who all of our promotion challengers wanted injuries to, stayed pretty fit most of the time.

2 penalties :lol: just watched it and the 1 with Ings, he is holding Adomah as much as Adomah is holding Ings. 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other. The other "claim" the defender is standing still and your attacker falls over him. Never a penalty.

I haven't seen the highlights but there were at least 3 penalty shouts which seemed nailed on. The highlights may have only shown the one? It's pointless whinging about it after the match though as it's gone. We were by far the better side, played some great football (hence the standing ovation at the end from our fans) but didn't win. End of, and onto the next match.

Someone also mentions Dyche's after match comments. I'd imagine it's out of frustration. He does mention framework a lot, but if he continues to instil that thought into his players then they'll likely stick to it throughout games. It's no good saying one thing in the dressing room and then something completely off script in interviews. It's worked so far.

Archived