April 2014 Games

Alph

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a more overrated player in world football than Ribery? 3rd best in the world? He's not even the third best in his own team.

Harsh to judge him on one game against one of the best teams in the world...

Last season he completed more dribbles than any other player in the world and provided the most amount of assists... Plus he was voted POTY in a team which won everything.

Ok to be fair I don't watch him regularly in BL but even in last year's CL I think he was outshone by several others and same again this year.

Edit: just for clarity I'm not saying he isn't a world class player, I just think he's an overrated one

Bayern's players have lost it...

I've never seen players like Toni Kroos, Philippe Lahm and Manzukic so animated before.

Not really much they could have done other than defend better at set-pieces.

It represents one of those freak matches which happens every now and again... Like Man Utd 1-6 Man City

Real Madrid deserve credit in defence too... They've restricted Bayern to very little, and they're not using Chelsea tactics to do it either.

It's amazing what they're doing to Bayern, when only two weeks ago they were given a hiding by a weaker Dortmund.

They're arguably lucky to be at this stage.

Hopefully Atletico Madrid beat Chelsea tomorrow to set up a fabulous Madrid derby final...

Funny thing is, when Atletico AMdrid and Real Madrid play the roles are reversed.

Madrid have about 65% possession and Atletico Madrid counter with Turan, Koke and Diego Costa 

Pep a one trick pony maybe?

Took a couple of seasons but now it seems if teams of a similar level get there tactics right chances right they will beat his teams more often than not.

Bayern looked unbeatable last season, he has arguably taken them backwards.

Archived