Middlesbrough v Derby County

Boycie

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

we've been strugglin in the final third by the sound of things

Well I think thats the final nail in any automatic promotion hopes. We dont deserve it either losing to Ipswich and Boro away these are the kind of games we needed to get points.

This is feeling a lot like the 2007 season , which ended well of course , but we do have to try and finish 3rd as we did then and not pass up the chance to grab points like we have been doing.

PistoldPete2

The fact we bring Lee Naylor on to try and get us goal sums us up at the moment, Letting Bennett go out on loan at this stage of the season is the worse piece of transfer business we have done this season,

isnt the plan that we send Keogh up front? Anyway it hasnt worked. How has Bennett been doing at Chesterfield?

Still need 2 wins from 6. 

The problem we have is that we're too comfortable. We can't get 2nd and we're so far ahead of 7th. 11 points from 7th with 6 games to go. We'd have to make a serious cock up and another team has to go on a 5 wins from 6 run, which I highly doubt. It doesn't really matter where you finish in the play offs, once you're there that's it. 

I can see why the players would get careless but am I worried? Not with who've got to play. 

isnt the plan that we send Keogh up front? Anyway it hasnt worked. How has Bennett been doing at Chesterfield?

That maybe so but my point is our bench looks thread bare and Bennett has barely been playing at Chesterfield, this could have been a perfect situation to give him a go.

That maybe so but my point is our bench looks thread bare and Bennett has barely been playing at Chesterfield, this could have been a perfect situation to give him a go.

He's back this week anyway. Let's face it we were too far behind for autos anyway. Would have snapped hands off start of season for top six.

Ward, Dawkins, Bennett to come back. Hughes back already. Think they're will be more than enough in play offs.

He's back this week anyway. Let's face it we were too far behind for autos anyway. Would have snapped hands off start of season for top six.

Ward, Dawkins, Bennett to come back. Hughes back already. Think they're will be more than enough in play offs.

I agree the play-offs is what I was hoping for as well but 3rd should be the target now whilst we can still get there. I would rather play Reading than Wigan in a 2 legged fixture.

I agree the play-offs is what I was hoping for as well but 3rd should be the target now whilst we can still get there. I would rather play Reading than Wigan in a 2 legged fixture.

Not too fussed who we play. Bit of a lottery to be honest I feel, we're all up there for a reason

Just back. pretty awful really. Bamford had a bad day, with his teammates (particularly Martin/Wisdom) looking very frustrated at the Derby Torres. With Ward, Dawkins and (until late) Hughes all absent we looked reliant on clever flicks from Martin and Bamford...and today they didn't work.

Thorne again impressed first half against a Middlesbrough side who seemed to have no expectation of winning. 

Riverside good example of a stadium too big for their support, which was largely sleepy except for a loud and positive welcome back for Steve mc, the goal celebration and an odd group of about 20 with a drum and some big flags. Good turn out from Derby fans, though the frustration was clear in a game we could have won. 

Bringing on Lee Naylor felt a bit odd, but at least a chance for some playing minutes in the (rather worrying) eventuality that Forsyth was to pick up a knock for the play offs. 

We really don't want a 2 legged tie with wigan, with the 2nd leg (and potential extra time/penalties) at their place....at least qpr, forest and leeds lost.. 

Archived