European Cup QF draw

CumbrianRam

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has to be the best quarter final line up of teams that I can ever remember in that competition.

Take out Manchester United, Dortmund and Athletico and any of the remaining sides could win the thing.

I dare say Carlo Ancelotti will be the happiest tonight.

Both the English teams have got bad draws there, they would both have been praying for Dortmund or Madrid or probably each other actually.

four winners

Barca

Real

Paris

Bayern

hardly the most unpredictable semi finals is it?

Chelsea -Athletico-ManU-let's Get REAL Lol

Can't see past Madrid this time.

Chelsea will do PSG without question, I'm a little bit confused why PSG are the favourites for this one.

It depends what Man Utd turn up whether they get absolutely humiliated or just soundly beaten. It is worth noting that the last time Man Utd played in Germany they won 5-0.

I wouldn't be surprised if either Barca or Real fall at this hurdle. It's all top teams (Man Utd on reputation rather than form...) and it's all the group winners, it's going to be a superb round

Chelsea will do PSG without question, I'm a little bit confused why PSG are the favourites for this one.

It depends what Man Utd turn up whether they get absolutely humiliated or just soundly beaten. It is worth noting that the last time Man Utd played in Germany they won 5-0.

I wouldn't be surprised if either Barca or Real fall at this hurdle. It's all top teams (Man Utd on reputation rather than form...) and it's all the group winners, it's going to be a superb round

Very much agreed, sounds daft and it probably is! That I think United will win it a la Liverpool did in 2005. Just think United in one of big games have still a bit about them. Don't think they will do anything domestically for a season or two. There in transition. And I think they will back to there winning ways i e titles etc within next couple of seasons. We may mock them, but I still think they will another title before the likes of Liverpool do. Feel free as always to rip my comments apart! :)

"BhV2bQLIEAAbhcg" alt="BhV2bQLIEAAbhcg">

Think Chelsea will beat PSG in standard Jose style.

I don't think Barcelona have it as easy as folks think.

Real Madrid will cruise through

I can't wait to see United get mauled.

I rarely disagree with you Alpha, but regarding Barca on this occasion, it's a fabulous draw.

Not only is it an all-Spanish tie, they have home leg in Barca first, meaning that any kind of win or even a 0-0 draw means that they would go into the second leg not chasing the tie - meaning Atletico can't just stick 10 men on the 18 yard line.

Bacelona IMO still remain the best team in the world when they are winning. When they're behind, its easy to just sit on the 18 yard line and wait for the chance to break - like Bayern and Chelsea did in years gone by. But when Barca are ahead in the tie, they're simply a different animal

Also Chelsea vs PSG is a cracking tie - people underestimate PSG, their side is fantastic and that tie is literally 50/50.

Real Madrid will easily beat Dortmund, and Bayern will thrash United.

Barca, Bayern, Real and Chelsea in the semis is a repeat of 2012 - and we know what happened there.

And as for Barca, they're looking at a seventh straight semi-final place. Amazing record.

I rarely disagree with you Alpha, but regarding Barca on this occasion, it's a fabulous draw.

Not only is it an all-Spanish tie, they have home leg in Barca first, meaning that any kind of win or even a 0-0 draw means that they would go into the second leg not chasing the tie - meaning Atletico can't just stick 10 men on the 18 yard line.

Bacelona IMO still remain the best team in the world when they are winning. When they're behind, its easy to just sit on the 18 yard line and wait for the chance to break - like Bayern and Chelsea did in years gone by. But when Barca are ahead in the tie, they're simply a different animal

Good side though aren't they? Madrid?

Tbh mate I've seen 2 of Barcelona's defeats this season and 3 victories. I've only seen them 5 times. I'm not really sure I like the changes they've made. They seem more direct? I saw them against Sociedad and I thought they looked a shadow of their former selves. The gap between the midfield and forwards was big enough to fit 5 or 6 Sociedad players in. That would never happen in previous years. I'm a bit worried about them.

They're the perfect team. I'm glad that Bayern Munich are a great imitation. I just worry about Barcelona in the big games against the best disciplined teams. Sociedad weren't even lucky.

Like I say though, only seen them 5 times. 2 defeats and they've only lost 4(?) all season!!

Good side though aren't they? Madrid?

Tbh mate I've seen 2 of Barcelona's defeats this season and 3 victories. I've only seen them 5 times. I'm not really sure I like the changes they've made. They seem more direct? I saw them against Sociedad and I thought they looked a shadow of their former selves. The gap between the midfield and forwards was big enough to fit 5 or 6 Sociedad players in. That would never happen in previous years. I'm a bit worried about them.

They're the perfect team. I'm glad that Bayern Munich are a great imitation. I just worry about Barcelona in the big games against the best disciplined teams. Sociedad weren't even lucky.

Like I say though, only seen them 5 times. 2 defeats and they've only lost 4(?) all season!!

Yeh Atletico have been excellent this season, though in 2014 they've not played aswell.. It's tough for them, literally half the squad is wanted by other teams.

Real Sociedad have some sort of voodoo over Barcelona. Even under Pep Guardiola, at Real Sociedad's stadium they remained unbeaten against Barca... They've gone something like 7 home games against Barca undefeated - an insane record.

But it's a strange one. I understand that Barca are trying to change abit, and they look more vulnerable. But in truth, they've only conceded 22 goals in 28 La Liga games - last year they conceded 40 - but won the league with recrod points.

Against Man City, over the two legs conceding just one goal was pretty impressive, especially as City didn't create much.

I preferred them under Pep Guardiola. they were the best team I have ever seen in my life. Now, they're just a worldclass team who aren't as good but still could easily win the CL and remain IMO 3rd favourite behind Real Madrd/Bayern Munich. And they could beat either in a one off game too.

Archived