Firefox problem - any ideas?

Phoenix

The wife's laptop started playing up yesterday in as much as when she opens the browser (Firefox) and the home page (Yahoo UK) opens, she is unable to open any of the news items on the home page. All other functions appear to behave normally.

I've tried all the Firefox recommendations - Uninstall, reinstall, reset, update plug-ins, all to no avail.

I've done system cleanups, defrags, virus scans - zilch.

Bizarrely, there isn't a problem on crap Internet Explorer, or even Firefox if booted up in safe mode.

Anyone any idea what I've overlooked?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had issues with Firefox recently, being really slow, crashing a lot. Refused to load up good old facebook... anyway, a general windows update seems to have fixed the problem. Which is good because I was having to use IE and nobody wants that!

With the lastest round of Windows updates, system cleanups, defrag etc etc, touch wood, it seems to be ok this morning. I shall monitor closely.

Don't want to use IE, it makes me grate my teeth, and Bananas heavily.

With the lastest round of Windows updates, system cleanups, defrag etc etc, touch wood, it seems to be ok this morning. I shall monitor closely.

Don't want to use IE, it makes me grate my teeth, and Bananas heavily.

You didn't thank these lot for their help and concern...

you shouldn't need to do a defrag to sort out browser problems. Chrome is far better than Firefox and IE, if you have Chrome on a tablet or phone and are logged in on both pc and tablet it will show your open tabs as well

Archived