As the eyes turn to Burnley

Albert

Burnley fan here.

Interesting to see the comments regarding Ings and Vokes missing. Since Birmingham when Ings was subbed we have won 3 out of the last 4. Infact in the last 11 games where we have won 8 he scored 1 goal. As for Vokes, we scored the winner againist Blackburn once he had been subbed. Ings is due back for Boro - 5

games to go so it shouldn't cause too many issues hopefully for us at least.

Even at Charlton we had Trippier missing as well and we managed to win 3-0

Taking aside the chance of us dropping points are you hopeful of winning every game, considering you lost at home to Millwall who have won twice in the last 20 matches or so.

You have got a young fantastic team, but perhaps you need experience in the run in to win all the games.

Massive long shot for us to pick up maximum points from here on in. I imagine the last slight hope of top 2 will evaporate over the next 6 days at Middlesborough or Blackpool, but if we could win those two and you happened to drop 5 or 6 points then its game on because the pressure comes on your lads. Our final 5 look winnable to me if we have a target to chase down.

Effectively its in the bag for you and fair do's, over the season you and lestah deserve it. We've played you twice and lost 5-0 despite the idiot of a ref at your place.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burnley don't seem to realise Derby took 19 points from 7 games against the remaining opponents - Boro (2-1), Blackpool (5-1), Huddersfield (1-1), Doncaster (3-1), Watford (3-2), Barnsley (2-1) and Leeds (3-1).

Similar results against these "also-ran" teams gives an 88-point total. Burnley would need 89 to beat that and their run-in is very difficult.

A better goal difference could see Rams 2nd and Burnley 3rd. Don't rule it out. I would wager most Burnley fans are very nervous at the moment - ALL the pressure is on them. If they mess up, they will be labelled as "bottlers".

Yes the referee yesterday cost us three points. You are so delusional but in a nice funny way.

We are 8 points behind. They have lost three or four all season. They have a brilliantly organised team. We currently cannot score and just lost to the team who were 21st at home.

B4 - I am well behind the team, but I am also realistic. Realistic now means preparing for the play-offs, going into those games with confidence and that means winning leading up to those games. It also means securing the play off place. We are what we are - a decent team but not a world beating team. We have our weaknesses, and have our strengths. We are not as organised as Burnley nor do we have two strikers like they do.

For me, I just want us to go back to what we were doing, committing players forward, full backs getting further forward, Bryson making runs in behind, Hughes playing with the ball in the opposition boxes, the wingers in the front three getting in behind their defence and playing fluid football. We are now too static which is too easy to mark. If we can get back to how we were two months ago, my confidence will go up.....

I'd sum it up by saying we're still a developing team.

Still young, still learning. I sooooo want us to go up (despite the memories) but, this time, I can enjoy the playoffs, no matter what happens.

We have progressed further than I thought we would have. When you get serious about it, we still have a young core and really ought not be outperforming some of the larger, more experienced and over-valued squads.

But we are! This season has been one of terrific progress. Should we not win promotion, we'll lose some obvious talent but we'll be better placed to compete for the talent available. And our young core will have a better grounding in what's required.

Now, this may sound pessimistic but I'm not. Last time, I really thought WBA would be too professional for us. This year, I'm confident our boys will give a good account of themselves. Sit back and enjoy the ride, I say!

Burnley don't seem to realise Derby took 19 points from 7 games against the remaining opponents - Boro (2-1), Blackpool (5-1), Huddersfield (1-1), Doncaster (3-1), Watford (3-2), Barnsley (2-1) and Leeds (3-1).

Similar results against these "also-ran" teams gives an 88-point total. Burnley would need 89 to beat that and their run-in is very difficult.

A better goal difference could see Rams 2nd and Burnley 3rd. Don't rule it out. I would wager most Burnley fans are very nervous at the moment - ALL the pressure is on them. If they mess up, they will be labelled as "bottlers".

But Burnley do realise that they took 14 points from the 7 teams they still have to play on their 'very difficult'  run in.

I think your best chance of putting pressure on us is this week. We have 2 away games at Watford and Barnsley, and both matches will be without Ings and Vokes. Trippier should be back for Barnsley, and then Ings back for Boro.

I'd say from Boro onwards we'll be quite confident, providing we don't end up with zero points from those two away games, and you win your two.

This is your chance. Two wins and the pressure could be on us. Anything less than you gaining 4 points on us and I think it's game over for you, as I do feel with Tripps and Ings back we're far more potent, and will pick up wins.

I think your best chance of putting pressure on us is this week. We have 2 away games at Watford and Barnsley, and both matches will be without Ings and Vokes. Trippier should be back for Barnsley, and then Ings back for Boro.

I'd say from Boro onwards we'll be quite confident, providing we don't end up with zero points from those two away games, and you win your two.

This is your chance. Two wins and the pressure could be on us. Anything less than you gaining 4 points on us and I think it's game over for you, as I do feel with Tripps and Ings back we're far more potent, and will pick up wins.

I think you will drop points against Watford, Reading,Blackpool and Wigan, possibly Ipswich too.

Bookies odds for promotion are Derby 5/2, Burnley varying between 1/14 and 1/20.

They may as well hand the medals out now, and stop deluding ourselves.

Oddly, we're the same odds as Wigan to get promoted, but longer odds to win the play-offs. Work that one out.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/promotion

I guess becuase we have an outside chance getting 2nd place whilst Wigan have none.

Also it is no surprise that Wigan have started dropping points as soon as they played some decent opposition their winning run in Jan/Feb was against poor teams.

nicely turning the pressure onto us ;-) you are probably right though. Fair play to dyche if he can get you over the line without too many promotion jitters. After been unfancied all season, it's a real difference to suddenly realise it's all there for the taking.

Archived