LATE KICK OFF

I hope you enjoyed the interview with Steve McClaren in last week's Late Kick Off. We'd like to invite members of dcfcfans.co.uk to be part of our studio audience for future recordings of Late Kick Off.

We record in Birmingham on a Monday afternoon. If you'd like to be there, email me at duncan.jones@firstlooktv.co.uk.

Duncan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Far to late for me.

Are you sure it's filmed in a studio, and not in someone's garage or on someone's farm? 

Did the Notts County fans make them league tables out of paper mache or did they just walk on to the set when nobody was looking?

Can you explain the role of the studio audience i.e. are we all supposed to fall on the floor in heaps of laughter when Billy Davies gets a serious mention or not?

Will we be forced to watch and listen on loads of stuff about Leicester City and just stand up in the background looking all a bit uncomfortable with it all?

Monday afternoon in Birmingham, I think it might clash with repeats of Antiques Roadshow and the like on the telly, we could be struggling for numbers. I suppose you could try that F.A. trick and make out that Will Hughes and Patrick Bamford are very likely to have a massive involvement.

Do you know when Jasper Carrott will be back on the Telly, give him a shout he might be up for it.

Thanks for the invite, but I'll have to say no thanks for this one.

I hope you enjoyed the interview with Steve McClaren in last week's Late Kick Off. We'd like to invite members of dcfcfans.co.uk to be part of our studio audience for future recordings of Late Kick Off.

We record in Birmingham on a Monday afternoon. If you'd like to be there, email me at duncan.jones@firstlooktv.co.uk.

Duncan

do we get mileage and expenses?

Crikey did you see Monday's episode, Manish nearly cuddled a Coventry City lass who was nearly crying coz the elephants don't play at their home ground anymore.

Manish should have held her tightly and said "Don't worry love, take the positives, they'll be other clubs trying it soon, it's just a matter of time, you lot are making history and spending a fortune to watch your team play at home, and look beside you, their's a Derby fan, and remember the spankings you gave them at home and away not that long a go, don't worry love, anyway is your ground named after a sports drink, that noboddy's seen in the shops yet?, well it's not that bad is it, anyway have you had a go on our league tables, go on here's some chalk and pritt stick, go and move your beloved Coventry City side up a few places, now then, OK, that's it, right here's a hanky, now can we get back on track and have some more chat about Leicester, no I mean Derby look they are still 3rd, but what a great job Nigel Clough is doing.......ermmm oh I mean Steve McClaren........oh my mistake, but I must add what a great job Nigel Clough is doing at Sheffield United................and nothing against you Stan, but I take it Clarridge is also watching repeats of Antiques Roadshow instead of turning up to this farm on a Monday afternoon in Birmingham.............right that's a rap"........................ 

Sorry for the delay in replying. Thanks for your robust opinions on the programme. The invitation remains to be part of the audience but I'm afraid we can't pay expenses. 

We're trying to do something different with Late Kick Off this year and we'd like the Rams to be part of it. 

Asking folk from Derby to go down to Birmingham on a Monday afternoon is crazy though. We'd have to take a day off work, so lose a days pay or use a valuable holiday day, not get paid for any travel expenses and no doubt get extremely annoyed and angry with the presenter and his Leicester friend.

It's the same with East Mids Today, it's only interested in the ginger witch making love with 'our favourite team' Florist and the poisoned dwarf. Then the football league show is only interested in Leicester, Florist and QPR. It's the same with this late kick off programme, you don't actually care about Derby, and the bias towards Leicester and Florist is so apparent, so why should we make a effort to come down for it?

You're really fighting a losing battle here...

I appreciate that going to Birmingham on a Monday afternoon is difficult and we hope to bring the show to the East Midlands in time but at the moment, it isn't possible.

I'm not sure how you work out that we don't actually care about Derby, after leading the first show with an interview with Steve McClaren. We've also invited members of the club's coaching staff to take part in this week's programme. Forest fans will be in the audience on Monday and any Derby fans who are able to join us will be very welcome. 

Do any Aberdeenshire Rams fancy a Monday afternoon in Birmingham?

I've just checked travel plans, we can get down on the Sunday night and into Brum at 03:55am.

A day in Brum and back on the Tue morning bus at 02:35am and back in Aberdeen for 11:35am, all for £57.

Everyone's a winner, we could even grab a couple of Forest fans, to entertain us on the bus back up the road.

There red and white, they'll soon mix in with Aberdeen fans when we chuck em off the bus back up here etc

"You're going to do what?....."you reckon Billy Davies is a king"............ 

Bus Driver giving it......."Will you Forest fans at the back of the bus, please be quiet, even I'm p!ssing myself with laughter, I'll end up crashing this thing if you don't shut up...................and sit down the lot of ya.....Late Kick Off....you what? never heard of it" 

I appreciate that going to Birmingham on a Monday afternoon is difficult and we hope to bring the show to the East Midlands in time but at the moment, it isn't possible.

I'm not sure how you work out that we don't actually care about Derby, after leading the first show with an interview with Steve McClaren. We've also invited members of the club's coaching staff to take part in this week's programme. Forest fans will be in the audience on Monday and any Derby fans who are able to join us will be very welcome. 

Basically, the whole BBC (apart from Radio Derby) doesn't particularly like Derby in general. On EMT there could be a nuclear disaster in Derbyshire and a roundabout in Nottingham getting a new sponsor, time after time its the newly sponsored roundabout (or insert any other trivial 'news' in Nottingham) and it gets a lot more coverage than anything in Derby/Derbyshire.

With regards to the highlights on the football league show, it doesn't matter how well we play or the scoreline and we'll get the same 30 seconds of play with a sentence 'punditry' afterwards from the Leicester boys of "well done Derby" "oh and Derby won/drew/lost".

The late kick off programme is just full of the same bias and will not change until the Leicester presenter and his mates are gone, and don't think replacing him with the ginger girl from EMT will do you any favours either. It was so sad to see when Ross Fletcher made his move from radio to tv and had to do the fake love feist for everything and anything Nottingham on EMT. Saying you've done interviews with the clubs manager and coaching staff is hardly anything out of the ordinary, I'd expect a programme dedicated to a regions football clubs to interview the manager/coaching staff and star players as standard. 

Don't worry it's been like this for years and years and we've become pretty much use to it all now. Derby and Derbyshire in general are just not popular with the BBC, apologies for being very upfront and to the point but its just so frustrating that the BBC fail to see this themselves. 

I'd like to point you to a thread titled 'Leicester league show', on page 5 you can find some more detailed feedback regarding the late kick off programme. http://dcfcfans.co.uk/topic/13402-leicester-league-show/page-5

Problem is for years Derby have been just a mid table going nowhere team whilst Forest and Leicester have been fighting for promotion.

I think we've had a decent amount of coverage on the FLS show this season, yes they may talk about Leicester more but that's only natural with them walking the league.

Archived