Just like to say.....

Mafiabob

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed.

It's lovely to not have a sickly feeling before an important game.

This side can beat anyone.

Agree about the season,but we need to convert the theory into deeds,starting tonight hopefully.

Agree too.

Enjoyed the BD season but Burley's was better until the ending. Brilliant football, really exciting and attacking.

By the time we're done I think this will be the most enjoyable of the lot. Be nice to top it with promotion

Well, i hate to pour pee on your chips, but i wold definitely disagree.

The seaosn under Mr Davies was far better than the one under Burley, because we won something.....and that is all there is to the game...winning.

I think there are better ways to win and taking a loss on some occasions can be more beneficial in the long run.

If Derby were to get promoted this season it would be so much more satisfying knowing we have bought through some quality youth team players and done it on a shoe string budget while playing excellent attacking football compared to if we spent 10 million and got promoted. 

Well, i hate to pour pee on your chips, but i wold definitely disagree.

The seaosn under Mr Davies was far better than the one under Burley, because we won something.....and that is all there is to the game...winning.

Not for me, not anymore Muespach. Sure it is great to win, but how can we compete and win nowadays against the likes of QPR, Leicester even F**est, let alone the big boys in the Prem. So I like to focus on development of the academy lads and putting a team together on a budget, with a real team spirit and not just hired guns. MacLaren is sort of doing that but with other clubs academy prospects, so for me the jury is still out on that approach, but it may be the only way to compete with the "haves" in this day and age. Perhaps I have to move on and accept this reality, but the old romantic in me still loves it when the underdog comes through.

We had a great team under Burley, he had a talent for spotting overseas players like Jim Smith did. It was hard to pick a favourite player with Idiakez, Rasiak, Bisgaard and Smith all in the side. I love our current squad but I am excited that with McCLaren on board we can cast the transfer net a bit wider again.

Archived