iPro Drinks

Stive Pesley

The mention of BetBadger being removed from our shirts because they went bust has led me to think about iPro drinks.

I was in Tesco  before the game and realised that iPro wasn't in the racks. Nor can I find it anywhere with the online grocery shops.

In fact I've never seen it ANYWHERE except in pallets outside the ground on the night the name changed.

Has anyone else seen it for sale anywhere?

Quietly taking BetBedger off the back of the shirt is one thing, but having to rebrand your stadium because the sponsor goes under is potentially quite embarassing

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mention of BetBadger being removed from our shirts because they went bust has led me to think about iPro drinks.

I was in Tesco  before the game and realised that iPro wasn't in the racks. Nor can I find it anywhere with the online grocery shops.

In fact I've never seen it ANYWHERE except in pallets outside the ground on the night the name changed.

Quietly taking BetBedger off the back of the shirt is one thing, but having to rebrand your stadium because the sponsor goes under is potentially quite embarassing

Embarrassing for who?

It isn't down to the club to push the brand onto supermarkets. If the brand fails,it is down to the people who own it and who's job it is to get it on sale. 

Announced on the 24th January 2014:

Hibernian are pleased to announce a refreshing new sponsorship deal - a six-figure deal with global sports drink company, iPro Sport, who become the club's Official Hydration Partner.

In a three-year partnership, iPro Sport will fuel the Hibernian players with a range of sports drinks and receive branding within Easter Road Stadium, online activity and also community activation.

iPro Sport is the new name in global sports brands and is the result of seven years' development in the world of sport, leisure, health and fitness and designed for sports of all levels and active people of all ages and abilities.iPro Sport is an exciting, fresh, vibrant brand with iPro Sport Isotonic, which will be used by the Hibernian players.

Rather than relying on sugar to give a temporary energy boost, iPro Sport opts for a combination of complex carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals, alongside a balance of hydration and energy. With the exclusion of artificial colours or flavours, iPro Sport is the healthy evolution of what the body needs from a sports drink.

iPro Sport recently became English Championship club Derby County's first-ever stadium naming rights partner and have now secured a partnership with Hibernian.

Manager Terry Butcher welcomed the partnership and believes iPro Sport are an ideal addition to the club.

Read more here:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140124/introducing-ipro-sport_2262950_3636391

The Sports Careers Foundation also announced a tie up with iPro last year

http://www.sportsindustryjobs.org/article/new-drinks-partner-announced-35.htm

I think they're going for more sporting sales primarily with retail to come in as a secondary income stream once the brand is established within the sports industry.

I don't really know but I would expect to see more contracts signed with sports clubs, a development of those clubs as brand ambassadors and then a more targeted campaign to the general energy drink market.

If they go bust it would be a little embarrassing but the risk doesn't really lie with the club.

I'd like to bite my tongue here but can't.

It's a sham of a deal.

A total sham.

Ronnie, let your tongue out and say. No one going to judge yer! :)

Yeah you're right - Forest fans especially will probably just let it go...

If you are concerned about what Forest fans think, then you really need to get a grip of yourself.

I'd like to bite my tongue here but can't.

It's a sham of a deal.

A total sham.

Makes a change from you whinging about McClaren all the bloody time, I suppose.

I was in Tesco before the game and realised that iPro wasn't in the racks. Nor can I find it anywhere with the online grocery shops.

My corner shop has it for sale :lol:

Archived