Prom

MrsRam

Thanks, America. :angry:

Just spent £200 on a dress, lovely as it is, that she will wear for one day, well, one night to be exact.  We won't stop there though, she needs a bag, shoes and some bling for her hair, not forgetting, the hairdo.

Now, I know you blokes' eyes have glazed over - but I need your suggestions.  

Her friends have all decided that they can't afford to have a limo (eldest daughters cost £30 each so it's no biggie in the scheme of things), but I just wondered, if there was anything we could do for her, that's just a bit different.  I've got a mini which she is quite prepared to roll up in, but i take her to school in it every day, I think she needs something a bit different.

I did point out the Rammy van in the car park on Tuesday night, but she wasn't impressed. :rolleyes:

So....

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hire a hearse. All the boys will be scared of her and you won't get to be a Grandma just yet.

Haha, made me laff.

Topical though sage - one of the girls in her year has had a baby boy today - much to the surprise of everyone.  Good job it was an inset day.  :o

Haha, made me laff.

Topical though sage - one of the girls in her year has had a baby boy today - much to the surprise of everyone.  Good job it was an inset day.  :o

I used to be a head of house at a secondary school in Nottingham. Nothing surprises me. With many of them having **** parents, we had to be surrogate ones in many ways.

My lass is currently shopping - dress, shoes, bag..hair, make-up, nails.. It's not going to be cheap but the budget stretched to include some sophisticated and stylish transport, curteousy of the local rag n bone mans 'oss and cart.

Teeheeheehee

When we did our prom people turned up in loads of different things:

Sports cars

I've cream van

A tank

A party bus

Limo

A few lads turned up on Lambretta scooters with the owners club helping out about 20 of them turned up with him which was quite cool.

Old school taxis

Motorbikes

Horse and carriage

I think a lot of things with prom are crap as when you arrive you go inside especially of the weather isn't great and don't really see what other people turn up in.

make her walk, that'll be a memory, depending on her shoes.

She wants to wear her trainers - so praps she can run.  :huh:

Im trying to talk her into some 'shoes'  :unsure:

She's looking at a camper van at the mo - pick her up and take her to school, few photo's, then a couple of miles to the venue - £150. 

Archived