George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

We'll keep thrashing teams 5-0, WBA can keep thrashing about at the bottom of the prem, praying there'll be 3 worse teams than them.

The two previous seasons we finished 8th and 11th. Last year was horrendous and everyone who has anything to do with WBA would say the same, hence why heads rolled.

Anyhow, I didn't come on here to squabble, just to advise you that you have next to no chance in signing Thorne. Just accept it, he isn't your player, never was,never will be. Just as Lukaku was with us.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always find it really strange when anyone slags off the division below the one they are in. Bizarre really.

I have not slagged off the chump. It's a tough division to get out of

fact you've called it the chump suggests you're taking the piss.

Daaave

The "quote" button does not display on my iphone.

I've given my honest opinion on Thorne and only when people felt the need to knock WBA have I reciprocated.

Redcar, you are such a funny guy.

Now go and do your homework

You've gave your opinion on Thorne about 30 times, we get it .... you don't think he'll sign for us.

We'll keep thrashing teams 5-0, WBA can keep thrashing about at the bottom of the prem, praying there'll be 3 worse teams than them.

The two previous seasons we finished 8th and 11th. Last year was horrendous and everyone who has anything to do with WBA would say the same, hence why heads rolled.

Anyhow, I didn't come on here to squabble, just to advise you that you have next to no chance in signing Thorne. Just accept it, he isn't your player, never was,never will be. Just as Lukaku was with us.

Did you try clicking in a post to get the quote button to show up?

As for why you came on here, you posted on your own board that you spent yesterday winding us up. "Be nice at first and then slowly drop digs in to wind them up". Whatever though...

How many times do we hear "not for sale" from clubs only for the player to then be sold?

Did you try clicking in a post to get the quote button to show up?

As for why you came on here, you posted on your own board that you spent yesterday winding us up. "Be nice at first and then slowly drop digs in to wind them up". Whatever though...

Thanks for the info re the quote

I did and I didn't if that makes sense. I quite enjoyed the serious discussions last night and today (excluding the ones slagging off WBA of course) and if you look back you will see I replied with respect to people who were respectful and had a pop when people weren't

Not bein funny mate, but I don't really know why your hear 'advising' us that Thorne isn't signing. As if you going onto a fan forum stating this is going to make a flying f*ck of difference to whether he signs or not. This was clearly just an effort to rile us up, no matter how much you deny it you know it's true.

Not bein funny mate, but I don't really know why your hear 'advising' us that Thorne isn't signing. As if you going onto a fan forum stating this is going to make a flying f*ck of difference to whether he signs or not. This was clearly just an effort to rile us up, no matter how much you deny it you know it's true.

Nope. I'm just saying how we tend to operate.

If a story is in the press stating we want to buy or sell a player and it's untrue, then we will release a statement that we are not interested in buying / selling that player normally released to the local press

If we make a statement on the OS, then it's to add further weight to dismiss the speculation

If the story in the press is true in that we are after a player or another club is after a player of ours and we are prepared to sell, then we do not make any statements on the OS nor advise the local press.

44 posts later and I'm sure someone isn't at all worried about losing George Thorne.

Worried? No. If we sell him it will be on our terms and because we feels he is not good enough (be it ability wise or effort wise). Either way, it's basic law of contract, and we have the final day to accept or not.

This. I honestly believe that our Wembley starting eleven would be more than a match for most of the bottom 10 in that division. I can only see Palace and West Ham being very, very difficult teams to beat.

Mate, you are deluded!!!

How many points was it last time? 11 points?

You came 3rd in the chump, 8 points behind second and 17 points from top.

As I wrote before, Thorne is a gem to you, a must have, yet we loaned him out last season as he wasn't good enough to play for us.

im going to bash you apart with them

How many points was it last time? 11 points?

nice arguing mate, since 2007/8 lets see, im pretty sure we dont have a single player or staff member remaining from that season, its a completely different side, completely different coaching, completely differenet (and much more stable) behind the scenes, using that is like saying that manchester united are the best team in the world atm because they won the champions league in 2007/8, completely irrelevent to the now

You came 3rd in the chump, 8 points behind second and 17 points from top.

correct, although again, your overral consideration is poor and a bad argument, we achieved this with effectively 9 games gone in the season, since McClaren came in, only leicester acheived more points, which would suggest that we would have came 2nd with him at the beginning, and even despite this and we only started to seriously play our consistent free flowing attacking football half way through the season and went through 5 games without scoring we finished the highest goalscorers in the league, and the 'chump' i wouldnt be calling that after your season, the fact is, you were closer to being back in the 'chump' than we were getting out of it, just 2 more games and you probably would have been with us in the 'lower leagues' of the championship, that of course, youve never heard of because your a 'safe' premier league club

but of course this doesnt matter because your a premier league club, even though we have a bigger fanbase, better run club, especially behind the scenes, one of the most financially secure clubs in football without needing someone to pump money into the club, and most importantly players want to play for us and they don't want to play for you, you can argue all you want about premier league and how we were 5+ years ago, but its irrelevent, the proof is in the pudding that players would prefer to play for a 'lower league club' than a premier league side, now go and tell me we are deluded, as i am not int he fact, we are much more likely to have a much funner upcoming season than you

PS - i would have like to see wba flaw bha the way we did

If it's meant to be, it will be.

And another 1500 posts won't have the slightest impact on the final price, if there is one.

Are you sure? I think if WBA FC tells us another 30 or 40 times Thorne won't sign it might add another 2 or 3 million to his value

Archived