George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Told ya!

Perhaps if you cut the insults towards my club we could have a sensible discussion about it, actually some good posts in the last 24 hours.

Jeremy Peace will not be pushed around by anyone, particularly a wet behind the ears kid who has been treated very well by the club, he will be quite prepared to let him rot with the kids for 3 years after those comments.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Told ya!

Perhaps if you cut the insults towards my club we could have a sensible discussion about it, actually some good posts in the last 24 hours.

Jeremy Peace will not be pushed around by anyone, particularly a wet behind the ears kid who has been treated very well by the club, he will be quite prepared to let him rot with the kids for 3 years after those comments.

Jeremy is that you?!?

Nah, I just know what JP is like.

Thorne has been very badly advised.

He played very well for you, he was the best player on the pitch in the play off final, a game you deserved to win by the way.

The only way I can see him moving to you now is for a fee of £6-8 million with add ons, I'm not sure you have that much to spend on one player.

I have to say it's not the most classy move in the world. And if we do sign him, we've pretty much lost all right to moan if he's kicking up a fuss about not being allowed to move to Liverpool or Man Utd in a couple of years time.

And what would be wrong with that? If he does want to go to Liverpool or Man City later (united would be a step down)?

At the end if the day, we need him now, to secure promotion. If he ends up playing here til he's old and grey, then that's wonderful, but as long as he plays here next season, so we can keep our incredible midfield together and year the league a apart, then that's all I really care about right now.

If, in two years time he wants a move to Liverpool, not a problem. Give us £10m and he's all yours. We're established in the prem by then, and to be brutal, half the squad from this season will have moved on one way or another.

I'm under no illusion he's a ram for life. But he's a ram for now, and that's what we need.

He played very well for you, he was the best player on the pitch in the play off final, a game you deserved to win by the way.

The only way I can see him moving to you now is for a fee of £6-8 million with add ons, I'm not sure you have that much to spend on one player.

Not that I'm defending Thorne's press conduct, but it sounds like JP is a bit of a douche too if he's going to take that line with a player who's hardly been involved in your first team. 

The fact of the matter is we can offer him something West Brom are unlikely to offer him anytime soon, and for a player of his age I can totally understand why it's so important to him to be playing first team football. If JP / West Brom are blocking that move then you can (to a degree) understand his frustrations. I'm not saying an outburst in the press is the best way to channel those frustrations, but it does sound like he's desperate to be somewhere where he feels valued. 

oh dear players with attitude being signed , being in a squad --team not good enough theirs no i in team.

is he being badly advised ,or could it be he believes he should not have to compete for a first team start.

a squad of players represents derby plus under 21 s and academy lads its a club not a one man band

Told ya!

I was wrong, you're Jeremy Peace and just have a severe case of Billy Davies third person syndrome.

I claim my five pounds.

Told ya!

So that's good business is it, having to pay a player for the rest of his contract, and then walk for nothing, so losing a few million in wages and transfer fee, yep very clever.

So after 40 odd games in 5 years (Most at Championship level) you think he warrants a 6-8 million fee?   :lol:

Told ya!

Ok mate :lol:

No, I don't think he is worth £8 million, but, we were not out to sell him, he was getting games for us before his ACL.

I would expect around £5million or less with the add ons in normal circumstances, but with Jeremy Peaces previous attitude to such situations, I think barring a ridiculous bid from Derby, I have doubts he will let Thorne go now to Derby.

Its a shame because a loan move may well have been on the cards until he opened his big mouth.

One of the newly promoted clubs may now come in for him.

Archived