George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my days here we go again. I'm actually starting to believe I'm Bill Murray.

At the moment my day seems to consist of:

Get up

Check twitter feed

Check Facebook

Check DET site

Check Express & Star Site

Come on here and read and talk b******s

Multiply the above by several

Go to bed.

Next day it's exactly the same. I think perhaps I should do some work to restore sanity.

Must resist.........must resist

Sonny and Cher has that effect on me too.

And what transfer fee do you go for?

The last one was 38p and a bag of malteasers... just a small bag mind...

The point being that we don't know the ins and outs of contracts these guys have, or the negotiations/agreements in place... It's entirely feasible both parties COULD make an agreement that although he's already signed they're delaying til you find a replacement so you guys don't get angry...

As previously stated... I don't think that's the case... but it's feasible...

Oh my days here we go again. I'm actually starting to believe I'm Bill Murray.

At the moment my day seems to consist of:

Get up

Check twitter feed

Check Facebook

Check DET site

Check Express & Star Site

Come on here and read and talk b******s

Multiply the above by several

Go to bed.

Next day it's exactly the same. I think perhaps I should do some work to restore sanity.

Must resist.........must resist

Just check newsnow, will shorten the list to just check twitter, facebook and newsnow.

Aaaaaaaah... Another day, another 20 odd pages of will he/won't he, he has/he hasn't, Jeremy Peace is God/Jeremy Peace is a cock, you're just a Sheep Shagger/you're just an inbred yam-yam, back and forth, tit for tat b0ll0cks to wade through....

Happy Thursday everybody!!!

Radio 2 listener?

postman at moor farm has heard nothing

I don't like this postman at moor farm... He always seems to have bad news...

The fact that he's always right about the bad news is beside the point... I'm all for shooting the messenger...

The last one was 38p and a bag of malteasers... just a small bag mind...

The point being that we don't know the ins and outs of contracts these guys have, or the negotiations/agreements in place... It's entirely feasible both parties COULD make an agreement that although he's already signed they're delaying til you find a replacement so you guys don't get angry...

As previously stated... I don't think that's the case... but it's feasible...

Just assuming that scenario was the case. Legalities had he recieved a career ending injury in the game

Derby County have DONE nothing wrong, and certainly have nothing TO fear on the PRIDE and integrity front. Not sure about the RANDOM capitalisation of words THOUGH.

Not saying DCFC have done anything wrong at all.

I do think though that the longer this saga goes on the more it detracts from our upcoming season and us finding a suitable type replacement for Thorne.

As for random capitals you are right but I was just trying to emphasize the point

PS What is Thornes agent doing about all of this !

Yes, we have a transfer budget and yes we could use the money to spend on higher wages for a new forward

But that would leave us with no money to use to replace Thorne. So unless we find a player as talented as Thorne for a lower fee, then we will have less money to spend on a forward.

You'd have Thorne's wages to replace him... and I doubt you'd replace Thorne with another

Not saying DCFC have done anything wrong at all.

I do think though that the longer this saga goes on the more it detracts from our upcoming season and us finding a suitable type replacement for Thorne.

As for random capitals you are right but I was just trying to emphasize the point

PS What is Thornes agent doing about all of this !

Curtains, curtains, relax and pull yersen together mate!

Its not a REAL saga.....its just us on here having the craic, boring pre-season, world cup's finished, etc, etc.

In the real world, there is no saga between DCFC and WBAFC - its all made up on this thread.

My songs real though, do yer like it?

How can Derby be relaxed about the whole thing.

He would be a vital cog in the promotion wheel which I think we are serious about.

At the end of the day if WBA are playing hard ball so be it.

Steve McClaren and DCFC will only wait so long as it's starting to make a lot of people slightly irritated and is starting to spoil looking forward to the new season with optimism for many fans.

WBA are looking for a replacement for someone who only figures in their plans as a substitute .

I don't think so !

WBA are playing hard ball with DCFC and it's not nice.

Not a lot of people are slightly irritated. Some are.

I'm not. Either he'll come or he won't. I trust Derby to do what they can and decide how long they want to spend on it. It's mid July. If they want to spend another month on it then they can as far as I'm concerned.

I have no idea what stage negotiations are at. Whether McClaren wants 10 players or just Thorne. Whether our budget is

Archived