George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So people think that Thorne is only worth half, or by some estimates only a third as much as Hughes, strange .

You have a very good point. I've been trying to think of a reason since you wrote that and there isn't one.

All depends how/if WBA see him getting into their team really. I'd say they are as good as each other.

I think the reason that he's not worth as much as Hughes because he is not as crucial to their team like Hughes is to ours.

They won't feel the effects if they lose him, because he never plays for them.

A player is worth whatever a team is willing to pay.

To WBA he may be worth £3m. If he was to sign for us, he'd be worth £10m

I'm desperate for him to sign, but like the Osman situation a decade ago. I fancy us to talk and flirt about an offer, before being knocked back and then watch him take the Premier League by storm.

Nevertheless, I'm already looking forward to 2024 for our next good loan signing. :D

A player is worth whatever a team is willing to pay.

To WBA he may be worth £3m. If he was to sign for us, he'd be worth £10m

I'm desperate for him to sign, but like the Osman situation a decade ago. I fancy us to talk and flirt about an offer, before being knocked back and then watch him take the Premier League by storm.

Nevertheless, I'm already looking forward to 2024 for our next good loan signing. :D

When we loaned Osman, we were under the 'ownership' of the Amigos, and the only money they had to rub together belonged to either the club or HMRC.

It's hardly a fair comparison, drawing parallels to the time we were run by crooks.

Well, I don't think so anyway.

When we loaned Osman, we were under the 'ownership' of the Amigos, and the only money they had to rub together belonged to either the club or HMRC.

It's hardly a fair comparison, drawing parallels to the time we were run by crooks.

Well, I don't think so anyway.

No, it was meant in jest.

I just remember the situation being similar. If we sign Thorne I'll be delighted, but I just can't see it.

He's the most gifted player we've ever had on loan, but Osman did pretty much keep us up all on his own.

Agreed, Osman was like a rose between thorns in that side

DERBY County are fully committed to landing midfielder George Thorne in a permanent deal, the Derby Telegraph understands.

Thorne’s impact during his loan spell from West Bromwich Albion has made the 21-year-old a top transfer target for the Rams this summer.

There are plans to speak to West Brom about the possibility of making a move happen for the player, who signed a new long-term contract with the Baggies in January.

Derby will also monitor the situations of both Andre Wisdom at Liverpool and striker Patrick Bamford at Chelsea.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-keen-land-midfielder-George-Thorne/story-21143703-detail/story.html

This is really starting to sound a real possibility with each passing day and I honestly can't think of a better or more important signing we could make that would really keep our momentum going into next season,he is that good..

This would be the ideal signing to help keep the Rams on a positive note and ensure we don't suffer withdrawal symptoms into the new season after such a heartbreaking end to our fantastic campaign this season just gone..

Everything crossed that this can happen...

Up The Rams....

So people think that Thorne is only worth half, or by some estimates only a third as much as Hughes, strange .

Hughes is different in comparison to any other English midfield player.

Archived