George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of an update for you.

Thorne will sign a 4 year contract next week. Its all agreed.

Bryson's new deal will be signed tomorrow or early next week. I have also been told it could be a 3 year deal he signs and not a one year extension as originally mentioned after more negotiations took place.

Will hopefully get some other info for you all over the weekend and will ask about any potential new signings.

Any source please because this seems very far fetched.

Actually though I do understand if you can't give a source .

Really hope this is correct though because if it is I'll be over the moon.

Bryson's new deal will be signed tomorrow or early next week. I have also been told it could be a 3 year deal he signs and not a one year extension as originally mentioned after more negotiations took place.

Will hopefully get some other info for you all over the weekend and will ask about any potential new signings.

You know? I always liked you. You've got an avatar that's easy to trust. 

It would be great news if both these deals happen within a couple of days of each other.  Hopefully your source is as spot on with these two snippets as they were about Hughes signing a new deal!

One thing I will say is that I trust my source 110%.

He would't tell me anything that wasn't true.

He tells me what he knows.

If anything he tells me changes then he will let me know that as well.

Anything can change at anytime and if it does and he tells me, I will tell you.

I should hopefully have some more info and news next week. No promises though.

I will ask. It just depends if he has been told anything.

The main topic of discussion has been about Bryson and Thorne these last few weeks.

But as they are both nearing a resolution, I will start to ask him about other potential signings.

A 3 year deal would be the same as a 1 year extension in Bryson's case as he currently has 2 years left.

All good news though, hope you're right again!

Not if the terms of the contract have been changed- ie higher wages and removal of the "speak to clause"

One thing I will say is that I trust my source 110%.

He would't tell me anything that wasn't true.

He tells me what he knows.

If anything he tells me changes then he will let me know that as well.

Anything can change at anytime and if it does and he tells me, I will tell you.

I should hopefully have some more info and news next week. No promises though.

I will ask. It just depends if he has been told anything.

The main topic of discussion has been about Bryson and Thorne these last few weeks.

But as they are both nearing a resolution, I will start to ask him about other potential signings.

If you get these two right as well, you will be a bloody messiah around here!

It's certainly interesting that since the rumour of the third bid, nothing has come out from WBA/Brum Mail/etc. that its been knocked back - and that was at least a week ago.

Clutching at straws mind, but if Mackworth strikes again, every Derby fan will breathe a Bananas of relief, followed by a lot of excitement.

What's the difference? He has 2 years to run on his current contract, so a 1 year extension is 3 years anyway. And it's not like you just extend a contract, whether it's a one year extension or a new 3 year deal, it will be a brand new contract with new terms (at the very least to clarlfy/remove and dubious clauses  that may or not be there etc).

Cheers Mackworth. Any idea of the Thorne fee?

What's the difference? He has 2 years to run on his current contract, so a 1 year extension is 3 years anyway. And it's not like you just extend a contract, whether it's a one year extension or a new 3 year deal, it will be a brand new contract with new terms (at the very least to clarlfy/remove and dubious clauses  that may or not be there etc).

M'RAM is just relaying what he's been told, he's not claiming to be that knowledgeable of Bryson's contract status, I think his 1-year-extension/new 3-year-deal is just his misinterpretation and that he'd be the first to admit this.

It has to be true first of course! ;)

Archived