George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He might be better but it doesn't appear that West Brom want to sell him so we aren't going to sign him! Simples!

You don't actually believe that, do you?

We've been in talks with them for the past couple of days, according to many journos. They wouldn't even entertain or acknowledge us if they had absolutely no intention of selling him. It's just a way of getting more money out of us.

Hard but fair. Not even applicable if Derby compare the market for midfielders.

You might have a point. Somebody check Sam Rush's office for Baby Oleg.

Every player has his price. However George Thorne is an inexperienced player and I fear West Brom will want too much money for him which might impact on our ability to sign quality players for other positions.

I believe the opposite. If they don't go all out to sign Thorne, then it will be extremely telling. We've seen what he can do, we know he wants to come here and for what it's worth I just don't think he's a player that's ever going to lose his value.

Thorne, in my opinion, is more of an investment than a purchase. We should go all out for him, nine* wins in his 12 appearances tells me that.

An exceptional player, if he signs then I'll be 95% confident that we've made the signing of the summer and booked our place at the top of the table. I just hope we can make it happen, other than a right-back - I don't think we necessarily need anyone

From last season, Thorne and Wisdom were the only two needed bringing in or replacing. If we was to blow our budget on those and keep the rest of the team in place, same system, same structure, same mentality... perfect.

I believe the opposite. If they don't go all out to sign Thorne, then it will be extremely telling. We've seen what he can do, we know he wants to come here and for what it's worth I just don't think he's a player that's ever going to lose his value.

Thorne, in my opinion, is more of an investment than a purchase. We should go all out for him, nine* wins in his 12 appearances tells me that.

An exceptional player, if he signs then I'll be 95% confident that we've made the signing of the summer and booked our place at the top of the table. I just hope we can make it happen, other than a right-back - I don't think we necessarily need anyone

From last season, Thorne and Wisdom were the only two needed bringing in or replacing. If we was to blow our budget on those and keep the rest of the team in place, same system, same structure, same mentality... perfect.

Exactly my thinking! Which is why I'm a little worried at us bidding for players like McClean who could potentially upset our team spirit  :wacko:

Exactly my thinking! Which is why I'm a little worried at us bidding for players like McClean who could potentially upset our team spirit  :wacko:

I don't think McClean is that sort of player, is he? He's incredibly hard working, so he's not lazy and I can't say I've ever seen him in the papers other than poppygate.

Archived