The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were the snide remarks only in your head, and now he's no longer at Derby you are looking at his recent statements in another light? Just a thought. Sometimes people spend a lot of time looking for encrypted messages, but you really ought to leave that sort of stuff to Dan Brown.

Saying things like, "I'd swap every goal I scored for Forest for a Derby win tonight" was snide and also disrespectful.

Constant digs about how much money had been spent at Forest as well (even though at the time more had been spent on your team).

I also thought he always came across as being very unlikable in general, I have never seen a manager constantly berate referees like he did when he felt wronged. Not even Warnock.

He is a mediocre manager as his record shows, the calls that he is destined to manage Forest one day are laughable (I hope).

The majority of the fans that follow prem teams now are the younger fan with the disposable income to be able to afford the tickets, And they just can't remember your glory years. Rather like a lot of your plebs that still go on about it but were born about 14 years after it happened.

Don't mean to piss on your bonfire, but when Forest beat amateur teams in Europe the average age of a football fan was 19 years old. It's now 34 because youngsters are priced out.

See Palace and a 'Chelsea away, £55 = 9 hours minimum wage' banner.

friend

Don't mean to piss on your bonfire, but when Forest beat amateur teams in Europe the average age of a football fan was 19 years old. It's now 34 because youngsters are priced out.

See Palace and a 'Chelsea away, £55 = 9 hours minimum wage' banner.

You do realise i made all that crap up to wind up my red friend and you have gone and ruined it :p

But even what you have put means they were only 4 the last time they won 1 of the trophies they harp on about.

friend

You do realise i made all that crap up to wind up my red friend and you have gone and ruined it :p

But even what you have put means they were only 4 the last time they won 1 of the trophies they harp on about.

True enough. 34 is only the average though, loads more codgers than kids.

Hopefully safe standing improves the pricing and average age.

Forest will still have poor gates though, on account of the Ice hockey etc...

Saying things like, "I'd swap every goal I scored for Forest for a Derby win tonight" was snide and also disrespectful.

Constant digs about how much money had been spent at Forest as well (even though at the time more had been spent on your team).

I also thought he always came across as being very unlikable in general, I have never seen a manager constantly berate referees like he did when he felt wronged. Not even Warnock.

He is a mediocre manager as his record shows, the calls that he is destined to manage Forest one day are laughable (I hope).

LIke I said - all a matter of interpretation.

Warning, does contain swearing

I've just found 7 spare minutes to watch this. At first I thought the guy was probably just chuntering drunken nonsense. But, thinking about it, he's got a point.

At there respective levels, in 2014, Mansfield probably are a bigger club than Forest. Respected by teams of a similar level for their promotion achievements.

I can see a future where Forest don't go up thi season, the wheels fall off next season, they get relegated while Mansfield he promoted, and Mansfield hammer them in league 1 in two seasons time.

What a funny day that would be, that would be better than Yeovil.

I'm glad we seem to have a better relationship with our lower league 'little brother', Burton.

Dougie Freedman speaking about the left backs he had a look at signing in January

“The lad (Danny Fox) who went from Southampton to Nottingham Forest, if I told you the numbers involved in that deal you’d fall off your chair." ( http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/wanderersnews/11010168.We_could_do_with_more_like_Tim_Ream_at_Bolton_Wanderers__says_Dougie_Freedman/ )

Dougie Freedman speaking about the left backs he had a look at signing in January

“The lad (Danny Fox) who went from Southampton to Nottingham Forest, if I told you the numbers involved in that deal you’d fall off your chair." ( http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/wanderersnews/11010168.We_could_do_with_more_like_Tim_Ream_at_Bolton_Wanderers__says_Dougie_Freedman/ )

How would he even know the numbers involved in the deal between Southampton and Forest?

I've just found 7 spare minutes to watch this. At first I thought the guy was probably just chuntering drunken nonsense. But, thinking about it, he's got a point.

At there respective levels, in 2014, Mansfield probably are a bigger club than Forest. Respected by teams of a similar level for their promotion achievements.

I can see a future where Forest don't go up thi season, the wheels fall off next season, they get relegated while Mansfield he promoted, and Mansfield hammer them in league 1 in two seasons time.

What a funny day that would be, that would be better than Yeovil.

I'm glad we seem to have a better relationship with our lower league 'little brother', Burton.

Stags fans have always disliked Forest immensely from my recollection, but the citizens of Mansfield have always disliked Nottingham as a place. Presumably out of jealousy.

As for Mansfield being a bigger club than Forest at their levels, you're entitled to your opinion but I think its laughable!

How would he even know the numbers involved in the deal between Southampton and Forest?

Stags fans have always disliked Forest immensely from my recollection, but the citizens of Mansfield have always disliked Nottingham as a place. Presumably out of jealousy.

As for Mansfield being a bigger club than Forest at their levels, you're entitled to your opinion but I think its laughable!

Quite easily if you actually give it some thought.  Dougie (or someone working for the club) would have spoke to Southampton and asked if Fox was available for loan. Southampton would have said yes its x amount for the loan fee and x amount a week pay and its apparent that Dougie said not a chance...

“I feel a responsibility for Eddie Davies’s money. Am I prepared to put this club at risk? No I am not.

So there you go, quite easy to see what the numbers involved are...!

Okay, button take up the fat man's argument, what have Forest achieved in the past few seasons, compared with what Mansfield have achieved?

I we take 'respective levels' into account, Forest, being who they are, probably ought to be in the premier league. Instead, for go knows how long, you've been mincing around in league one and the championship.

Meanwhile Mansfield, are probably ecstatic to be where they are, league 2 is there premier league, and they're doing alright.

If you took the top 3 leagues as a 'level' you've been lower-to-mid also rans for ages, only resently breaking into the upper-mid but still with only dreams of being in the top tier.

Take the bed there leagues as another level, and Mansfield are now at their top table, having worked their way up.

At their level, they are a bigger club.

Meanwhile, derby of course, have been mid-to-top only briefly flirting with lower-mid for a couple of seasons. An underachievemenrt by our standards, but a record we hope to rectify soon, and still a ton better than forest's recent history.

The only perspective from which you are a big club is if you're looking at 1975-1990-ish. This millennium, you're a small club, far smaller than Derby (who have by no means been a big club), and arguably with less success than than Mansfield.

Maybe one of the reasons people from Mansfield dislike you so much is this elitist, 'the world owes us cos we're such a huge club' attitude you have, similar to that 'posh-nosh university *****'. In reality, you're no bigger or better than a hundred other clubs in the league, and a damn site smaller an worse than many others (including derby).

Boom.

And prior to that, how would you describe the way that your fans reacted to him after becoming Derby manager? Especially taking into account that he is a legend at your club and second top scorer of all time...

Okay, button take up the fat man's argument, what have Forest achieved in the past few seasons, compared with what Mansfield have achieved?

I we take 'respective levels' into account, Forest, being who they are, probably ought to be in the premier league. Instead, for go knows how long, you've been mincing around in league one and the championship.

Meanwhile Mansfield, are probably ecstatic to be where they are, league 2 is there premier league, and they're doing alright.

If you took the top 3 leagues as a 'level' you've been lower-to-mid also rans for ages, only resently breaking into the upper-mid but still with only dreams of being in the top tier.

Take the bed there leagues as another level, and Mansfield are now at their top table, having worked their way up.

At their level, they are a bigger club.

Meanwhile, derby of course, have been mid-to-top only briefly flirting with lower-mid for a couple of seasons. An underachievemenrt by our standards, but a record we hope to rectify soon, and still a ton better than forest's recent history.

The only perspective from which you are a big club is if you're looking at 1975-1990-ish. This millennium, you're a small club, far smaller than Derby (who have by no means been a big club), and arguably with less success than than Mansfield.

Maybe one of the reasons people from Mansfield dislike you so much is this elitist, 'the world owes us cos we're such a huge club' attitude you have, similar to that 'posh-nosh university *****'. In reality, you're no bigger or better than a hundred other clubs in the league, and a damn site smaller an worse than many others (including derby).

Boom.

Your posts become more and more laughable and you cannot even do some basic research.

Mansfield had a 77 year stay in the football league prior to being relegated in 2008. During this time they spent plenty of time in the third tier and even the second tier of English football. Therefore, being in the fourth tier is hardly a big deal for them as well the fact they are struggling.in that division.

I accept we are nothing more than a good sized second tier club with the potential to establish ourselves in the Premier League as a comfortable club if it is run in the right way. However, you are no bigger than that either. All this big club nonsense does not really matter, it has not done Leeds any good in the last 12 years either? The most notable thing from your recent history is setting a whole host of records for being the worst side in well over a 100 years in top flight history. I would much rather be a league one club than gone through a season like that. And you have spent far more time struggling at this level than doing well but don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument.

I am not really too concerned with what the citizens of Mansfield think of Nottingham either.

At least I have not seen a post on here that is as bad as one I read 10 years ago by a Spurs fan stating that their team which finished in the lower half of the Premier League was better than Arsenal's invincibles! But Spurs have real delusions of grandeur.

And prior to that, how would you describe the way that your fans reacted to him after becoming Derby manager? Especially taking into account that he is a legend at your club and second top scorer of all time...

The first few games I do not recall anyone chanting anything. It did admittedly descend into "Non-League Nigel" especially at the away games though.

Archived