The demise of Forest

ladyram

Interesting that when Forest are knocked out we get criticized for concentrating on the league, however in when you lot were knocked out last season by Leicester...

To be honest, I would be happy if we lost this one if we beat Forest, Ipswich and Leeds. Much rather that than beat Leicester and lose the other three.

Thank God we didn't draw, we have bigger things to worry about.

Ah well, theres always the league...

hmmm

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that when Forest are knocked out we get criticized for concentrating on the league, however in when you lot were knocked out last season by Leicester...

hmmm

Cos there's no point being all doom and gloom about it, it's a shame to loose, but at least it's not a relegation decider. So we understand why you're trying to put a brave face on it (you'll have plenty of relegation decides to worth about later in the season).

But, at the end of the day, no one would rather loose, in any circumstances. You keep going as far as you can in any cup. You might use it as an opportunity to give some squad players a run out, but fielding te reserves is just disrespectful to the completion, the opposition and the fans.

Very brave of you to take on the Forest fan who's only popped up on here since they started winning, I really think he's around to stay  :rolleyes:

I thought it was Dawny's twentieth username.

Exactly

20k of us travelled down there on a cold Wednesday night after work to be dealt that team sheet was a massive downer.

Although you have to agree we were loud that night. They used to call Highbury the library but I think it's now at WHL.

The highlight was them singing you only sing when your winning after they took the league. Stupid cockneys. Oh maybe they was singing it to themselves

TWENTY THOUSAND????

Did you take your own pink seats?

I for one do not like the modern take on cup competitions.

Imagine the memories that wigan, Portsmouth, Stoke, sunderland, Swansea, blackburn, Birmingham have had with cup finals. Some not finishing how they wanted but some had the day of their life's.

Playing wigan at home summed it up for me singing 'we know wht we are, we know what we are, FA cup champions, we know what we are' imagine being able to sing tht at every ground you visit

The whole concentrating of the league mentality doesn't wash with me. If we go up it'll be 'we need to concentrate on staying in the division' then it'll be 'we need to cement our place in the premier league' and so on and so on.

There's always an excuse for managers an fans to use. There's also no evidence to show that playing a weakened team helps your league form.

I'm particularly slightly upset that pearce who told us earlier in the season 'we ll play our best team in every competition cos that's the way I've been brought up at the club'

Tottenham were there for the taking on Wednesday and a win there could of been the inspiration that really bonded the team for promotion.

On a positive note it got some much needed minutes into the legs of Vaughn, wilson, JL, paterson, Veldwjik and its shown we have some real strength in depth.

there for the taking? you were playing hoof ball and had 30minutes left, spurs have quality in their side.

We did play a strong team.

Our reserves and kids are very strong.

The future is bright, the future is Forest

Not just saying this but I thought the majority of your team were pretty rubbish.

Which players were you impressed with?

We did play a strong team.

Our reserves and kids are very strong.

The future is bright, the future is Forest

You didn't say that last year when you were all whining about a couple of injuries.

Archived