The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a two hour drive back from work this evening so listened to this on 5Live.

Some amusing digs about Pearce's managerial ability from Danny Mills.  :lol:

Also I think they went through every variation on 'hoofball' that there is through the course of the 90 minutes. 

Forest had an obvious gameplan and Spurs, for a long time, were just too g@$h to do anything about it.

If you're playing your "reserve side" how can it cost you massively?

Which one is it?

These reserve players will have to step in at some stage as we know the championship is a tough season. I'm paranoid now about injuries to the squad. I don't want to finish the season with a different 11 to the one that started it again.

Couldn't care less about the League Cup just like 90% of the country.

Ideal solution really for us. Out of a competition we don't want to be in, whilst maintaining our pride (unlike Sheff Wednesday) and giving our reserve side some action.

Now back to the important stuff on Saturday.

Brian Clough would be so disapointed with your attitude! He used to take a lot of pride in how well you lot had done in a competition that you don't want to be in.

Have you ever heard the saying success breeds success?

Brian Clough would be so disapointed with your attitude! He used to take a lot of pride in how well you lot had done in a competition that you don't want to be in.

Have you ever heard the saying success breeds success?

In principle I agree but the demands of the modern game make it nigh on impossible to go through a 50 game season in all competitions with only 15 or so players.

Archived