The demise of Forest

ladyram

Theyll need to score at least two to win - Ismael Miller plays for blackpool.

Good player, that Miller.

At least he's proven at this level, which is more than you can say for Alongerdonger.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been away for a week.

Has anything of note happened?

Well, Mackie's left, so you are stronger. On the other hand you've not got shot of Abdoun, so the place will be in turmoil again in a week.

And who was it that picked untested Carson in the biggest game of England's season?

Has england manager the teams he won against were

Greece

Andorra

Macedonia

Estonia

Israel

Russia

Austria

Teams he couldn't beat

Macedonia

Croatia

Holland

Spain

Brazil

Germany

Russia

Croatia

When it really matters against anything half decent and when it matters (ie QPR) he bottles it

Not fussed about the England results because nobody since Sir Alf Ramsey has done a good job. Yes, i include Sir Bobby Robson in that - he had to change his original teams due to injuries and suspensions otherwise he'd have flopped like the rest.

Stoners has a point though and it will be interesting to see if Steve's new signings improve us. The only loan signing that really made a huge difference was Wisdom - absolutely a Premiership class player as i'm sure we'll see this season, but the team that dominated the season from October on was the team that he inherited.

Steve's coaching and man-management ability are  not in doubt btw, there's enough glowing tributes about that from people at the top echelon of the game - basically from Sir Alex Ferguson down - the issue is whether Steve signs good players who fit the system or just plays the odds by signing rated players and hopes they gel.

Its a black art and not many managers can do it. Billy Davies anyone?

I hope that Steve has found his perfect fit here at Derby and can build without fear or pressure of instant success at all costs.

Interesting that Florest fans criticise McClaren's managerial record but it's much much better than Physco's!

Not criticising

I was having banter with ilson about England picks and it was obvious it didn't matter what I said ilson was defending mclaren. So I played my ace and let everyone know who schteeve actually beat has england manager. Nobody.

On a serious note schteeve is a bit hot and cold he either does brilliant or falls flat. He's found a good place with your lot. I expect him to be there another year. If it's a good run again this year but you end up not going up, I think he ll end up in the premier league the year after with another club.

Anyway all the best for the year, hopefully it's our time and if we do go up, I really do hope you ll join us. It won't be the same without u. Enjoy the opening day. I know I will ;)

Not criticising

I was having banter with ilson about England picks and it was obvious it didn't matter what I said ilson was defending mclaren. So I played my ace and let everyone know who schteeve actually beat has england manager. Nobody.

On a serious note schteeve is a bit hot and cold he either does brilliant or falls flat. He's found a good place with your lot. I expect him to be there another year. If it's a good run again this year but you end up not going up, I think he ll end up in the premier league the year after with another club.

Anyway all the best for the year, hopefully it's our time and if we do go up, I really do hope you ll join us. It won't be the same without u. Enjoy the opening day. I know I will ;)

yea , all the wo.. err best mate ..

Well its not Kuwait but Fawaz has agreed to pay himself a seven figure sum to put his name on Forests shirts for this season.

Although its good hes using a fans design for the logo thst must have saved a few thousand in consultant fees.

When Fridgy shuts the door does his light go out? Actually, is it ever on?

Regarding fan-inspired design, their badge was the result of a competition amongst fans. The winner traced around a cauliflower.

Archived