The demise of Forest

ladyram

You do, because you always have to go back to the past to justify anything. Lets, for once, ignore the past at look at the present.

Who has finished the highest in the league?

Who scored the most goals?

Who went to Wembley?

Who got significant sponsorship deals?

Who pays their bills in full and on time?

Keep your head in the past if you want, its the present and the future I'll bother about.

And you call us gumps lol

Who has finished the highest in the league? Past

Who scored the most goals? Past

Who went to Wembley? Past

Who got significant sponsorship deals? Don't know

Who pays their bills in full and on time? It's the way the Arabs work lol

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"It's the way the Arabs work"

Really? Then there is no place for them in English football then, if they cannot integrate successfully but insist in imposing their own standards and cultures. What next - half-time prayers? A mid-season break during Ramadan? Falafel burgers?

Actually, the last one's probably a good idea. Can I have one now and pay you just before you take me to court?

I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make regarding the Dutch league stoners. When McClaren took over you're right, it was similar to the SPL in that only 2 teams ever won it. Ajax and PSV had shared the previous 8 titles between them. Sure, in McClaren's first season AZ broke that dominance under the guidance of some bloke called Van Gaal to beat Twente to the title. Obviously, following his departure, McClaren went one better the following season to win Twente their first Eredivisie. Since then, Ajax have won 4 titles in a row.

If you want to compare the Dutch league to the SPL fine, but then surely McClaren's achievements there would be comparable to someone taking, say, Motherwell and winning the league. Obviously that would be even more unlikely so perhaps just leave that ridiculous comparison at the door and acknowledge McClaren's achievement (in his first spell) at Twente was impressive.

I have no problems with accepting his failures with England, Wolfsburg, second spell at Twente (to an extent) and your *****. If you want to be treated as a serious poster (occasionally, obviously you're going to wum every now and then) maybe try for a little more balance.

The problem with u and others is you can't accept any Criticism and can't give any forest any kind if positives. I though, have been open about our frailties and concerns and have agreed with many of your forum members in the past. When I do give criticism where I feel just, I'm wumming.

Your half time pies are pretty good...  providing Andy Reid's left any ;)

Seriously though, I'm sure some of us would be complimentry towards certain aspects of your club if it wasn't in such a p1ss poor state. 

Your chairman is a clueless joke, incapable of making a desicion unless he consults the fans on Twitter first.

Your administration of the club is a joke.

Your ground is a sh1thole that you don't even own.

Your best player from last season is an injury prone lardarse.

You have 6-7 strikers on your books and none of them could hit a donkey's arse with a banjo.

Your most promising defender was languishing in your U21 side because your previous manager doesn't know the meaning on the term youth system.

Your best youth prospect in years was scoring important goals for your closest rivals

Oh hang on!!!  I've though of something, taking into account Psycho's record with England U21s you should go an entire season without missing a penalty!!!  Much better than us in that respect :D

I can give Forest both positives and negatives. 

I can also give Derby both positives and negatives. 

In all, I'd say our positives outweigh our negatives. Whereas with Forest, I think it would be close. I guess it depends on where you draw the line.

For what it's worth, I don't think Pearce was the correct call; however, I wouldn't rule him out completely. I thought it just signalled your intent.

Don't worry lads Anfields overrated. Got a trip to Rotherham coming up next year

Championship's going to be as full of vvanker Managers as the PL is next season;

Evans

Adkins

Holloway

Whoever's managing Leeds

Whoever's managing Forest

Eddie Howe

I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make regarding the Dutch league stoners. When McClaren took over you're right, it was similar to the SPL in that only 2 teams ever won it. Ajax and PSV had shared the previous 8 titles between them. Sure, in McClaren's first season AZ broke that dominance under the guidance of some bloke called Van Gaal to beat Twente to the title. Obviously, following his departure, McClaren went one better the following season to win Twente their first Eredivisie. Since then, Ajax have won 4 titles in a row.

If you want to compare the Dutch league to the SPL fine, but then surely McClaren's achievements there would be comparable to someone taking, say, Motherwell and winning the league. Obviously that would be even more unlikely so perhaps just leave that ridiculous comparison at the door and acknowledge McClaren's achievement (in his first spell) at Twente was impressive.

I have no problems with accepting his failures with England, Wolfsburg, second spell at Twente (to an extent) and your *****. If you want to be treated as a serious poster (occasionally, obviously you're going to wum every now and then) maybe try for a little more balance.

I feel I'm very balanced. I was chastised by mcramfan for suggesting SM was a failure at England where he then quoted some Bolox about wining 50% of his games against teams where England would win if I or you was the manager and it seems you agree with me. For suggesting this I'm a wum.

Concerning SM I leave you all with this in a nutshell. He either over performs and he gets it totally wrong. Fortunately for your lot it's the former. It's working. Unfortunately now tho he ll be given a cheque book and undoubtedly will be looking to bring in 'experienced' players. This is where it COULD go wrong.

I agree you're generally fairly balanced (for a gump) but you throw in the odd load of ***** like comparing the Dutch and Scottish leagues and it somewhat damages the quality of your posts.

You're right it could go wrong. We could miss out on Thorne and sign someone like Greening instead. It won't happen though, even if McClaren hadn't learnt from the past he is still only head coach after all...

Stevie Mac going to Holland and winning the title with FC Twente for the first time in their history is like someone going to Scotland and winning the title with Falkirk ..... the league might not match up to the Prem or BBVA etc. but to stop the Ajax/PSV/Feynoord domination is a fantastic achievement and if it had been done by Stuart Pearce you gumps would admit to how impressive it is

Don't worry lads Anfields overrated. Got a trip to Rotherham coming up next year

Go and boil a kettle, Yawny. Have a cup of tea, put some bromide in it and a spoonful of sand. You're obviously struggling to re-integrate yourself back into life in Nottingham (although with the nightly gunfire, I'm surprised why that would be the case).

I actually currently reside in Lincolnshire Eddie..

Who's Hollaway in charge of now?

I don't know anything about prisons, Dawny. Sorry.

Championship's going to be as full of vvanker Managers as the PL is next season;

Evans

Adkins

Holloway

Whoever's managing Leeds

Whoever's managing Forest

Eddie Howe

Maclaren got out just in time then.

I think Dean Saunders could do a job for you

Archived