The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest won the European Cup in 1979 and 1980. The best Derby ever managed was a semi final.

Derby won the Football League in 1972 and 1975. The best Forest ever managed was to win it once.

Forest's own manager, Brian Clough, stated that it was far, far harder to win the football league than it ever was to win the European Cup - and who am I to disagree with God?

So where are these feats (achieved before you were born, Dawny) we can only dream of? This is what truly makes me throw my hands up in despair at the tedious whining as to which is the bigger club, which has achieved more and so on. It is attempting to bask in the vicarious glory of achievements which were, by and large, before many of our lifetimes began?

I know - Derby are the better club because Steve Bloomer scored more goals than Grenville Morris.

Utterly pathetic.

And Preston are bigger than both of us. Just like Uruguay are one of the best footballing nations.

Oh, wait, we don't live in the 19th century. But if we did, we'd be one of the founding members of the football league, along with Notts County, while Forest are still doing whatever it is that teams without a league do.

Also, interesting point to note from wikipedia, while we're dragging up ancient history,

"for much of the first half of the 20th century the club spent life in the Second Division (and had to seek re-election in 1914 after finishing bottom). In 1949 the club were relegated to the Third Division."

So ancient past, recent past, present and future... Forest have been and always will be ****.

Hearing murmurs that Zola won't take the Forest job until the Summer.

TBF I think that would be a good strategy for them. Write off this season (face it, we ended it for Florest on Saturday!), focus on damage control and getting the fans back on side.

In meantime everyone can break out the popcorn and enjoy the show!

Shortlist

Neil Warnock

Stuart Pearce

Martin O'Neill

Roy Keane

Malky Mackay

Ronnie Corbett

Warwick Davis

dislike this bloke more than billy davies, never seen a programme with him in where I thought he seems a sound bloke!!

Ruined idiot abroad for me

Despite the setbacks Al Hasawi revealed on Thursday that he hoped to make an appointment by the end of next week and that Steve Clarke, Malky Mackay and Gianfranco Zola are now on his shortlist of candidates.

Question is, do these people know they're on the short list, or does Fridgeman just run up a sort of shopping list?

Perhaps he's got one of those clever fridges that emails his shopping list to Tesco….

2 pints of milk

6 eggs

1 camel-hair brush

1 camel

1 manager

Perhaps he's got one of those clever fridges that emails his shopping list to Tesco….

2 pints of milk

6 eggs

1 camel-hair brush

1 camel

1 manager

He might get one of those managers when they mark down them in the discount whoops section

Fawaz has resolved his manager conundrum.  He has gone down the high tech route

".game.co.uk/ml2/2/6/6/3/266391_pcw_a" alt="266391_pcw_a">

If it disagrees with him, its just CTRL-ALT-DEL and he can start again!!

You see the trick with that game is. Always save each game before you play. If you lose, you can just load it up and try again, win every game in the season. It's just what them lot could do with right now, then they would be the Famous team. 

I'm sure I saw Nigel had effectively ruled himself out in the Sheffield Star by saying that he appreciated the freedom to manage he was getting at Bumhole Stain. So you can write him off the list too I think.

So its Zola in the summer (which I think is effectively a polite "eff off"), or Dean Saunders with his two relegations, or they're going to need a new list.

They might as well face it, its Gary Brazil from now to the end of the season in all probability. Another defeat on Saturday and time is running out anyway. Might as well take their time and get the structure sorted out then appoint in the summer.

Their problem now is Fawaz, and one or two of them are beginning to realise it. He's chucked the money in fair enough, but he's run it like a ****. If he stays they're just chasing their losses again in the face of FFP in increasing desperation, if he quits and they can get another owner in then fine, but they'll probably be on the austerity measure we had 5 years ago. 

What price administration with in 2 years?

Fantastic bites guys.. That certainly cheered up my evening! :lol:

Who should we appoint? Not someone immediately. Seasons over, give Gary Brazil the remaining fixtures as it doesn't matter. Get the right man in the summer.

Dean Saunders to be appointed by next Friday probably.

Who should we appoint? Not someone immediately. Seasons over, give Gary Brazil the remaining fixtures as it doesn't matter. Get the right man in the summer.

Dean Saunders? The managerial giant that is?

:lol:

PistoldPete2

Its to late for Deano, even he cant get Forest relegated this season can he?

Archived