The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McClaren seems pretty content to be back in English football and build a team up slowly which is financially sustainable which is probably why he will be a massive success with you in the long run. Its why he failed so miserably at Forest.

And Doyle has not been prolific for years now.

McClaren has  a record of W12 D3 L3 since he came back to Derby, and not spent a significant fee doing it. Success in the long run maybe, but he's delivering right now. 

Your lot would love to know how to get that kind of record without spending £5m a season on players and having a mental wage bill. 

Anyroadup. How long has it been since Derby and the florists were in direct competition over such an extended period in the league? It's starting to wind up and get a bit more serious as a rivalry because it feels like there's more on it. Or is it just me?

Fair play to Forest. 

Been a good window for them.

Djebbour, Hobbs and Fox are good signings. Well the jurys still out on this turkish guy. 

However as pointed out they will be on very high wages for this level. If they don't get promoted soon the FFP changes will surely catch up with them. I think our utilisation of the loan market will be more sustainable and fruitful for us in the long term.  

So how much is that now do we reckon? 10 mil ish spent this season alone? 

Kelvin Wilson 

Abdoun

Mackie

Paterson

i think Wilson was 2.5 million, the others were all around a million. So thats a minimum of 5.5 million.

Then

Hobbs

Vaughan

Gomis

Fox

Djebbour

I really don't know how much they have spent and God knows the wage bill at that club. 

With the sale of Brayford, Jacobs, Doyle and Robinson. Then buying Russell, Dawkins, Roos and Forsyth we have actually made a profit. 

Both teams are in a very similar position so i guess it shows the two methods of doing it. Both clubs should be very happy.

McClaren has  a record of W12 D3 L3 since he came back to Derby, and not spent a significant fee doing it. Success in the long run maybe, but he's delivering right now. 

Your lot would love to know how to get that kind of record without spending £5m a season on players and having a mental wage bill. 

Anyroadup. How long has it been since Derby and the florists were in direct competition over such an extended period in the league? It's starting to wind up and get a bit more serious as a rivalry because it feels like there's more on it. Or is it just me?

Fair points, my post did imply that success would only come in the long run. I was really envious of you two seasons ago when we were lucky not to be relegated and you had a very steady season which was an improvement on a couple of seasons of struggle on a low wage bill, whereas we were paying massive wages to garbage players like Miller, Greening and Derbyshire.

This is not his team, Nigel Clough did well at building a talented side but could not get the best out of them. It will be interesting to see what happens when McClaren starts making signings as that is not his forte based on his time with us and Middlesbrough.

The last time we were competing was the 03/04 season when we struggled against relegation. Had we won the "coffee cup" 4-2 defeat you would have gone down and we would have put ourselves pretty much safe, whilst I remember that dragged us right back down there again.

Fantastic window for us, we have a fantastic depth in squad everywhere on the pitch. Fawaz must be wanting us to have a good tilt for second position.

Archived