The demise of Forest

ladyram

I can't understand, how season ticket holders can buy 2 tickets (I had a feeling it was as many as you wanted but I may be wrong) - surely, they've got theirs.

I got one for a mate that has been going to games for years, But he has worked abroad a lot this season and didn't bother with a ST.

But it does piss me off when people that support other clubs or only go to this one game, Ask me to get them tickets. They normally get a short reply.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rest of the scouting staff on gardening leave? News to me.

On the plus side, only two years ago the club was in complete limbo after Doughty's tragic death, was fighting relegation and had Cotterill as manager. Puts today's problems into perspective.

You where 7 points clear, hardly a relegation battle.

Some things never change:

"Old Etonian, the lavishly-named John Barrington Trapnell Chevallier (1857-1940) – in Derby County's first ever encounter with Nottingham Forest, on Reds territory in January 1885, centre-forward JBT bagged a hat-trick in a 6-1 humiliation.

Forest afterwards lamely blamed the strong wind, an excuse the Derby Telegraph labelled "ludicrous". Thus the famous rivalry was early-born."

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Bygones-forgotten-figures-step-shadows-past-long/story-20326726-detail/story.html#ixzz2v0cNJyHI

"Old Etonian, the lavishly-named John Barrington Trapnell Chevallier (1857-1940) – in Derby County's first ever encounter with Nottingham Forest, on Reds territory in January 1885, centre-forward JBT bagged a hat-trick in a 6-1 humiliation.

Forest afterwards lamely blamed the strong wind, an excuse the Derby Telegraph labelled "ludicrous". Thus the famous rivalry was early-born."

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Bygones-forgotten-figures-step-shadows-past-long/story-20326726-detail/story.html#ixzz2v0cNJyHI

To be fair, it was sleeting in their faces - and the wind funnily enough changed direction at half time.

1. Billy gets lengthy touchline ban

2. Accounts overdue

3. Alleged transfer embargo

4. Head of recruitment on gardening leave

5. Rest of scouting staff on gardening leave

It's all coming unravelled.

6. Injured players gardening

To be fair somethings don't change.

Repton toffs, Hughes and Bamford in the Direby side

6. Injured players gardening

Those wheelbarrows are complicated - they should carry a health hazard. I have it on good authority that Reidy's hernia was caused by him trying to push one filled with his daily pie ration. Mind you, he did lift it by the wheel instead of the handles - a mistake anyone could make. 

Just thinking about the injury 'crisis'. when we couldn't even manage to fill the bench (that's what I call a crisis), there was rumblings on here that we were getting so many injuries that maybe there is something fundamentally wrong with the physio team or the conditioning of the players, or the fact that we were buying crocks to start with As much as I am a supporter of Nigel, I didn't disagree with these theories.

Point is, you make your own luck with injuries, if your physio team is second rate, if your coaching is crap, then people will start to pick up injuries.

so, the point is, moan about injuries as much as you want, it ultimately points to your own failings.

Archived