The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just on Burnley's 1st, poor defending and poor keeping, Darlow is starting to make a few howlers isn't he. How long before he is dropped for Dodgy de Vries? :lol:

Darlow? Dropped?

A month ago the gumps were telling us that he was a cert for Brazil WC. £10m, he's worth. And Lascelles. 

Don't forget it was a bit breezy as well which only affects Forest ;)

Well all four goals were at the same end, so the wind was probably going in that direction for the whole game. Burnley just made better use of it. T'was the only difference b'tween the two teams I'm sure.....

Well all four goals were at the same end, so the wind was probably going in that direction for the whole game. Burnley just made better use of it. T'was the only difference b'tween the two teams I'm sure.....

Joking aside pretty much all the goal mouth action was at that end. The second half did show that we are not clinical though as we created plenty of chances to score 3 goals.

The thing that gets me about their whiny excuses about having half a side out injured is that the boneheads are using it as an excuse to explain poor results - most of which (Yeovil, Blackpool etc) occurred when the players weren't injured or hadn't even been acquired at the time.

Idiots.

The thing that gets me about their whiny excuses about having half a side out injured is that the boneheads are using it as an excuse to explain poor results - most of which (Yeovil, Blackpool etc) occurred when the players weren't injured or hadn't even been acquired at the time.

Idiots.

Careful Eddie, stoners will put ya on ignore talkin like that.

Doesn't like that tone, ya know, talking about gumps like that.

Grant - free                                      Darlow - youth

Wisdom - loan                                  Halford - 200k

Keogh - 1 mil                                    Lascelles - youth

Buxton - free                                     Collins - 550k 

Forsyth - 150k                                  Fox - loan

Eustace - free                                   Jara - free

Hughes - youth                                 Moussi - 300k

Hendrick - free/youth                        Mackie - 1 mil

Bamford - loan                                  Paterson - 800k

Russell - 750k                                   Abdoun - 2 mil

Martin - free                                      Djebbour - 1.3 mil

1.9 million roughly                             6.15 million roughly

And we brought roughly 1.8 million off the bench and them 2.8 million

Got the amounts off Transfermarkt

I posted this elsewhere on the internet, but I found it interesting.

At what point do you blame the management? With a net spend of £18,000,000 over the last 5 years on transfers, compared to the MINUS £8,000,000 net spent by Burnley over the same period, perhaps more of that money could have been spent on giving you a decent sized squad? Blaming injuries when you've spent £26,000,000 net more than the opponents that just spanked you seems a little... misguided?

One of Davies's biggest faults with us (not just Davies, I know other manages have spent your money too) was he spent a lot, a hell of a lot on dead wood. He did end up with 9/10 players good enough to get a team promoted, by the skin of our teeth, but the money he spent creating that **** squad was ridiculous. He seems to be doing the same again, luckily you seem to have a chairman with an open chequebook willing to fund Davies's gambled signings.

I only post these spent figures because I hear a lot of Forest fans trying to hide behind an injury list, yet many are unwilling to realise that other teams have them too. Either way, the £8,000,000 Davies spent this season should have left you strong enough to challenge for the top, never mind scrapping around the playoffs. You've even outspent Leicester.

Then one of the gumps tried to use the excuse that Forest had to spend because they had to rebuild... 

Derby had to do the same under Nigel Clough. We managed to offload the worst team in history (as made by Billy Davies), lower the wage bill and spend net -£2,000,000 over the past 5 seasons. I don't think your club is being run very well :/

At which point they blamed McLaren...

The expenditure isn't Davies's fault, but buying in 36 forwards when you needed to strengthen elsewhere is. Also McLaren bought in Andy Reid on a free, Ishmael Miller for £1.2 million, Matt Derbyshire for an undisclosed fee (which wont be much), George Boateng on a free and Jonathan Greening for £600,000. That's a total of £1.8 million pounds (plus the fee for Derbyshire) which included Andy Reid, who is arguably your best player. You can blame results on him but unfortunately for you, you can't blame the spend on him :/

Still, lets not let something like facts get in the way of a good story.

I posted this elsewhere on the internet, but I found it interesting.

Then one of the gumps tried to use the excuse that Forest had to spend because they had to rebuild... 

At which point they blamed McLaren...

Still, lets not let something like facts get in the way of a good story.

Some of them just find it so hard to accept when someone is better than them  :unsure:

Archived