The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vaughn was brought in and the day after got injured in training. Hobbs has played since his return and got injured in a match.

Unless it's someone else your taking about?

I don't follow your club's ins and outs that closely, but I am having a chuckle at the LTLF match thread (I don't post on there so no, I'm not Kevin) - and it just so happens this is the post I've just got to from someone called Incapable Hulk…..

"Vaughan's injury came when he was training with Forest just before his signing was officially announced."

No 'day after' about it. Now like I said, I don't know, but the world and his wife heard that David Vaughan was injured before they heard that he had signed a loan deal with Forest. I'm just going by 'common knowledge'.

Just out of curiosity..... What was the excuse last season when you failed to get to play offs. And the 2 play off semi final defeats before your season under super mac and cotternil?

I can't see the deadwoods getting in the playoffs this year with both Wigan and Blackburn poised to take them out.

Some scary teams coming up on the rails - and Forest down to the bare bones. After all, at least FIVE of their players in the side today cost over £1m each - and of course they won't sell Lascelles for less than £15m and Darlow must be on the fringes of the England team. I would imagine that their bench today cost more than our entire squad.

Billy Davies reveals what happened to Andy Reid….

"They got us at the best time possible. We are missing so many players. We lost Andy Reid yesterday with a calf problem."

Must have got stuck in his throat.

I keep mentioning Forest's "sense of entitlement", but sometimes I read something that completely takes my breath away for its supreme arrogance. Try this for size:

"We pay more because of the stature of our club. We pursue quality, ready made players because that's what we need.

Burnley can take a punt on 4 lower league players because their fans expect nothing and their board expect nothing. Other clubs know Burley haven't got much money so they can get the relative bargains.

People know we have a vast amount of money at this level and that's why we have to pay over the odds for players.

Come back to the real world please."

I keep mentioning Forest's "sense of entitlement", but sometimes I read something that completely takes my breath away for its supreme arrogance. Try this for size:

"We pay more because of the stature of our club. We pursue quality, ready made players because that's what we need.

Burnley can take a punt on 4 lower league players because their fans expect nothing and their board expect nothing. Other clubs know Burley haven't got much money so they can get the relative bargains.

People know we have a vast amount of money at this level and that's why we have to pay over the odds for players.

What a total c0ck.

Not you eddie :o  :D

Is this what davros said......? :o

Speechless.

Interesting stuff from Billy, look..

Nottingham Forest boss Billy Davies said:

"To come to Burnley you have to play a certain way. You have to prepare to face a certain type of game and unfortunately for the first 45 minutes they didn't listen.

"We had better success second half because we changed our game. We were more aggressive, we were more energetic. But it was too little, too late."

When things are bad, blame them.

When things pick up, include yourself.

What a self-obsessed pr!ck

"Come back to the real world please".

Team vs QPR who also played today

Darlow

Jara

Halford

Lascelles

Paterson

Abdoun

Mackie

Lichaj started v QPR but today Fox started (new signing so I assume you try to buy better players than what you have? Unless you're looking to strengthen your reserves?)

Derbyshire on the bench both games

Djebbour a new signing (apply same logic to Fox. Oh, you played Halford upfront for QPR)

Today you were forced to play Collins instead of Hobbs. You missed Reid.

Suppose you were injury hit that day too? No, no. You won.

You've all got Billy syndrome

Ok so Forest have got a big injury list I agree. But that's as far as it goes. 

Players who started for them today and how much Forest paid for them......

Halford : 200k

Collins : 500k

Patterson : 800k

Djebbour : 1.3m

Mackie : 1m

Abdoun : 2m

The team we put out today costed about the same as Abdoun. Crisis indeed,

Archived