Draw your away games...

TroyDyer

... and win your home. If that's the case more often than not, you are in the mix come may.

Our early poor home form, I believe, Has been counteracted by our incredible away form.

So now we're a position where we have the big 3 pointers at home, and a possible points away.

A point today showed a great belief and will to battle back and grab a point, despite going behind.

Kudos to everyone at Derby today.

Bamford is a wee revelation.

Bring on Yeovil and Brum.

Win our home games v QPR and the scum and we're in the mix.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... and win your home. If that's the case more often than not, you are in the mix come may.

Our early poor home form, I believe, Has been counteracted by our incredible away form.

So now we're a position where we have the big 3 pointers at home, and a possible points away.

A point today showed a great belief and will to battle back and grab a point, despite going behind.

Kudos to everyone at Derby today.

Bamford is a wee revelation.

Bring on Yeovil and Brum.

Win our home games v QPR and the scum and we're in the mix.

Still think we need quite a few more away wins to be able to challenge for automatic . Our home just isnt good enough otherwise.

But we have got easier games coming up . First  4 games of the 2nd half of season Wigan, Fester, Brighton and Blackburn. Only 4 points from those games but they were some of the toughest we will face. Still the Gumps, QPR and Burnley to play plus Reading and Ipswich.    As you say we need to win at least a couple of those games. Should win most of the rest.

19 games, 27 points needed for play offs.

From the next 4 games, we need to be looking at 8 or 9 points 2 wins and 2 draws / 3 wins and 1 loss, possibly coming against QPR.

That would leave us with 20 points from 15 games - easily doable.

I'd be seriously disappointed if we didn't end up in the play-offs!

Not making the playoffs from here will need a very poor run of form. I'd like us to keep our foot firmly on the gas and go for auto. Aim high and if we don't succeed and we'll be in the playoffs. Aim for the playoffs and don't succeed and we'll miss out.

It's all about believing we can win every game we go into and going for it.

19 games, 27 points needed for play offs.

From the next 4 games, we need to be looking at 8 or 9 points 2 wins and 2 draws / 3 wins and 1 loss, possibly coming against QPR.

That would leave us with 20 points from 15 games - easily doable.

I'd be seriously disappointed if we didn't end up in the play-offs!

27 points would be high its usually 70 to 75 points for the plays offs, last year it was 68 I think.

I said something similar to this as one of my first posts on here and someone (I can't remember who) lambasted me hard for being negative!

It's a tried and tested formula though. 4 points from a home and an away game and that's straight-up promotion form.

Our team play well away from home as we are quick on the break. We can also find it hard to score at home when the opposition park the bus.

Our season is probably more defined by beating the poorer sides, home and away, and struggling against the top sides, home and away.

Either way, if we match our first half of the season in the second half we'll be comfortably in the top 6.

Why are we looking down the table at 7th? Let's look at 2nd. Aim for there.

Yes but first of all try and make the play offs as a cert.

2nd place is  a bit of  a long shot. There's at least  3 teams going for it, and we aren't the favourites.  Im a bit surprised that we are 2nd favourites to be honest as Burnley are still a few points ahead with a game in hand. 

But yes , still worth going for.  

Yes but first of all try and make the play offs as a cert.

2nd place is a bit of a long shot. There's at least 3 teams going for it, and we aren't the favourites. Im a bit surprised that we are 2nd favourites to be honest as Burnley are still a few points ahead with a game in hand.

But yes , still worth going for.

If we keep looking at 7th we concentrate on them too much. We might to start drifting that way. It won't matter too much if we lose as we will still be ahead of 7th until they catch us.

Archived