Anybody know the numbers for Leicester on Friday?

jonnysupersheep

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Normally club are shouting from the rooftop where we are close to selling out an away allocation so gonna put my neck on the line and say it isn't as many as it should be. Understandable though given A) evening game, b) sky match, c) another game in a short space of time and crucially D) rip off prices!

Very true! I just hope there's a good following though be a shame to let the team down when their flying

Very true! I just hope there's a good following though be a shame to let the team down when their flying

Far from letting the team down I think our support has proven to be remarkably loyal over a long period of rebuilding and consolidation. Unlike our friends from Leicester and Nottingham who, despite having more money than you could shake a stick at and numerous "promotion" seasons, have failed miserably to match the support of their poor, impoverished rivals.

Be proud jonny boy. Be proud to be part of a fan base that doesn't rely on people who only turn up when the owners are spunking £35k per week on players like Nugent who is not fit to tie Chrissy Martin's laces.

Sorry Uttox, normally agree with a lot of what you say but must disagree with your claim that our support has proven to be remarkably loyal.

Our away support has been utter dog ***** over the past 5 odd seasons, no if's or buts. All well and good saying clubs like Leicester, the stench et al are taking numbers because they are in the hunt for promotion, but the likes of Sheff Wednesday and Wolves were taking away followings we could only dream of the past few seasons and they were/are ******* dire. 

I don't get worked up about it, and I certainly don't look down on other fans who have got rather disillusioned. Not everyone's mental.

I go because I want to, and a Derby fan telling me that our support is ***** or dire isn't going to make any difference to me or how I feel about other Derby fans. It's not compulsory, and not going doesn't make you any better or worse.

Sorry Uttox, normally agree with a lot of what you say but must disagree with your claim that our support has proven to be remarkably loyal.

Our away support has been utter dog ***** over the past 5 odd seasons, no if's or buts. All well and good saying clubs like Leicester, the stench et al are taking numbers because they are in the hunt for promotion, but the likes of Sheff Wednesday and Wolves were taking away followings we could only dream of the past few seasons and they were/are ******* dire. 

loyalty is measured by how much money you put in the clubs coffers, not how much you spend on a boozy away day with your mates when you're more interested in which pubs to go than what's happening on the pitch.

Away attendances are not a measure of loyalty, they're a measure of disposable income.

loyalty is measured by how much money you put in the clubs coffers, not how much you spend on a boozy away day with your mates when you're more interested in which pubs to go than what's happening on the pitch.

Away attendances are not a measure of loyalty, they're a measure of disposable income.

Loyalty isn't to do with money.

Its to do with how time and how much emotional investment you commit.

Otherwise the prawn sandwich brigade would be the most loyal, etc

I think you will find that you are rather isolated with that comment.

Loyalty isn't to do with money.

Its to do with how time and how much emotional investment you commit.

Otherwise the prawn sandwich brigade would be the most loyal, etc

I think you will find that you are rather isolated with that comment.

yeah, I worded it wrong, but to suggest loyalty is measured by away following is more ****** than my statement.

yeah, I worded it wrong, but to suggest loyalty is measured by away following is more ****** than my statement.

That's where we will agree.

So i'm genuinely interested in this comment. I know that the economy is dire but were the economic conditions in Derby really that much worse than those in Notts/Leic/Yorkshire/West Mids etc and as a result our away attendances took a huge dip ? i recall that overall away attendances had fallen these past few seasons, hence the new initiatives bought in club wide this season to improve them, but our figures were very very low compared to the decline seen in other clubs followings. 

Whilst economic conditions probably played a part, i'm willing to bet there were hundreds of blokes sat in pubs or being dragged around garden centres instead of following Derby on the road. Now i'm as happy as any that our numbers are back, and more importantly the buzz, i just don't think as a fanbase were in any position to slag off other clubs support. 

I was on about support in general, not just away.

Point stands though, Wolves and Wendy have had ups and downs, promotions in that period. Our situation was unusual that we appeared to be standing still, no relegation struggles, no knocking on the door of the play offs, no money being spent while our neighbours were spending countless millions.

A lot of our away support couldn't find the strength to go and watch countless poor performances without the apparent hint or glimmer of future success.

We still had no trouble taking 4,000 to both Sheffield clubs in that period, 4,500 to the gumps every time, but it was hard to raise the same level of interest to Middlesbrough away on a Tuesday night.

Perfectly understandable in the circumstances. 

I would guess that given the same circumstances, the clubs you mention would not have been that far in front of us in away followings

All in the past now, a new and hopefully successful chapter is opening up and people will jump on the bandwagon and get in the habit of going away again.

So i'm genuinely interested in this comment. I know that the economy is dire but were the economic conditions in Derby really that much worse than those in Notts/Leic/Yorkshire/West Mids etc and as a result our away attendances took a huge dip ? i recall that overall away attendances had fallen these past few seasons, hence the new initiatives bought in club wide this season to improve them, but our figures were very very low compared to the decline seen in other clubs followings. 

Whilst economic conditions probably played a part, i'm willing to bet there were hundreds of blokes sat in pubs or being dragged around garden centres instead of following Derby on the road. Now i'm as happy as any that our numbers are back, and more importantly the buzz, i just don't think as a fanbase were in any position to slag off other clubs support. 

in all honesty, I suppose you could level it at 'loyalty' if someone has got his last £50 and decides to go and play golf instead of going to Bristol or whatever (I did this last season!), but I'd be almost offended if my loyalty was questioned and judged as the motivation for my decision.

Lots of factors for me, but mainly 'satisfaction'. I genuinely got 'nothing' from any away game since Billy Davies was manager, aside of trips to Forest Green Rovers and Nothingham. In fact, I would say that my devotion to following Derby away led/contributed to my bout of depression. It interfered with relationships and maybe even ended one or two. It stopped me attending other things, such as weddings and even a funeral, putting me in the 'selfish' bad books.

Eventually, my own happiness became important to me. I didn't want to be sitting on a train, half p*ssed, miserable and uncomfortable, in many cases wet and cold, when the reward was seeing a manager who (I thought) was totally inept, sending out an uninspired and disorganised team to try and not lose, more often than not lose!

After five years of fans being unable to inspire the club, it's good that the club has now inspired the fans.

in all honesty, I suppose you could level it at 'loyalty' if someone has got his last £50 and decides to go and play golf instead of going to Bristol or whatever (I did this last season!), but I'd be almost offended if my loyalty was questioned and judged as the motivation for my decision.

Lots of factors for me, but mainly 'satisfaction'. I genuinely got 'nothing' from any away game since Billy Davies was manager, aside of trips to Forest Green Rovers and Nothingham. In fact, I would say that my devotion to following Derby away led/contributed to my bout of depression. It interfered with relationships and maybe even ended one or two. It stopped me attending other things, such as weddings and even a funeral, putting me in the 'selfish' bad books.

Eventually, my own happiness became important to me. I didn't want to be sitting on a train, half p*ssed, miserable and uncomfortable, in many cases wet and cold, when the reward was seeing a manager who (I thought) was totally inept, sending out an uninspired and disorganised team to try and not lose, more often than not lose!

After five years of fans being unable to inspire the club, it's good that the club has now inspired the fans.

Fair enough man, i think my extreme procrastination from doing University work is probably making me over think all of this.

Thoroughly agree on the last comment. 

Archived