2006 vs 2013 - Derby County

Ambitious

This is something I thought might be interesting, a view point at where we was at this point during our promotion season.

Played 23

Won 13 - 6 home and 7 away

Drawn 4 - 3 home and 1 away

Lost 6 - 2 home and 4 away

Scored 33 - 15 home and 18 away

Conceded 25 - 6 home and 16 away

Points 43

Played 23

Won 13 - 5 home and 8 away

Drawn 5 - 3 home and 2 away

Lost 5 - 3 home and 2 away

Scored 48 - 23 home and 28 away

conceded 29 - 17 home and 12 away.

Points 44

A bit more impressive than I thought - 15 more goals doesn't surprise me, but being only four less than we was does.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is something I thought might be interesting, a view point at where we was at this point during our promotion season.

Played 23

Won 13 - 6 home and 7 away

Drawn 4 - 3 home and 1 away

Lost 6 - 2 home and 4 away

Scored 33 - 15 home and 18 away

Conceded 25 - 6 home and 16 away

Points 43

Played 23

Won 13 - 5 home and 8 away

Drawn 5 - 3 home and 2 away

Lost 5 - 3 home and 2 away

Scored 48 - 23 home and 28 away

conceded 29 - 17 home and 12 away.

Points 44

A bit more impressive than I thought - 15 more goals doesn't surprise me, but being only four less than we was does.

Nice stats. Though I was also surprised looking at the league table and seeing how our goals against has gone from 3rd worst before Mac took charge, to mid-table now. No clearer sign of good coaching than that imo.

In 2006 a certain small Scottish person dismantled the team that had done so well and replaced 7 of the starting 11 in the January window. We limped over the line with near relegation form. For me the lesson is to keep this team together and not tinker much if at all. In Steve we trust!

In 2006 a certain small Scottish person dismantled the team that had done so well and replaced 7 of the starting 11 in the January window. We limped over the line with near relegation form. For me the lesson is to keep this team together and not tinker much if at all. In Steve we trust!

That's what I thought, however, we only picked up 2 less points in the back 23 than we did in the front 23 of that season.

I was going to comment on that, but, overtime it seems to have been slightly exagerated.

That's what I thought, however, we only picked up 2 less points in the back 23 than we did in the front 23 of that season.

I was going to comment on that, but, overtime it seems to have been slightly exagerated.

So we did t improve in the 2nd half but tea.s around us did. Still a poor show and changing the team so much will have erected momentum and morale

Not sure where you got that from.I looked at the line ups for 4 of the second half fixtures (at random) and only 2 or 3 of the newcomers seemed to be featuring.In an early May game,Lupoli came on for Pesch.Dave Jones appeared in December,so he obviously wasn't a Jan addition.If I had the enthusiasm for it I'd go through the fixtures and give the appearances of all the new additions.For anyone so minded,you can get it from:-

http://www.11v11.com/teams/derby-county/tab/matches/season/1963

Select 06/07 from the dropdown-clicking on the fixture gives the teams.

I suppose an easier alternative would be to simply look at appearances for 06/07,if you can find them.

Hello stat lovers! Why are we comparing with the jittery play-off season? Can we go up automatically please! 

http://www.derbycounty-mad.co.uk/snapshot_tables/1995_1996/23/dec/derby_county/index.shtml

Played 23 Won 11 Drawn 7 Lost 5 For 38 Against 28 (+10) ** POINTS = 40** (1995/96 - 2nd place)

Played 23 Won 13 Drawn 5 Lost 5 For 48 Against 29 (+19) ** POINTS = 44** (2013/14 - ??? place)

We are better in most departments. 

Signed on loan for the first half of the season, paid £1,000,000 in January!

Mid November I think.My point was that a lot seem to think he was one of the Jan arrivals that disrupted the team,yet he was already integrated.

Not sure where you got that from.I looked at the line ups for 4 of the second half fixtures (at random) and only 2 or 3 of the newcomers seemed to be featuring.In an early May game,Lupoli came on for Pesch.Dave Jones appeared in December,so he obviously wasn't a Jan addition.If I had the enthusiasm for it I'd go through the fixtures and give the appearances of all the new additions.For anyone so minded,you can get it from:-

http://www.11v11.com/teams/derby-county/tab/matches/season/1963

Select 06/07 from the dropdown-clicking on the fixture gives the teams.

I suppose an easier alternative would be to simply look at appearances for 06/07,if you can find them.

Just checked for players signed after 1st Jan

Currie 4 (3)

Fagan 12 (5)

Macken 4 (4)

McEverley 15 (0)

Mears 8 (5)

Pearson 6 (3)

Teale 11 (5)

All are league games and taken from http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=747&teamTabs=stats

Apologies if I missed anyone

Just checked for players signed after 1st Jan

Currie 4 (3)

Fagan 12 (5)

Macken 4 (4)

McEverley 15 (0)

Mears 8 (5)

Pearson 6 (3)

Teale 11 (5)

All are league games and taken from http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=747&teamTabs=stats

Apologies if I missed anyone

Thanks for that-not many permanent displacements there.I always thought that,for a team that depended so much on spirit,it was the bonus issue that upset the applecart more than anything.I assumed that we got back on track when this issue was resolved.

Archived