Hughes or Bryson?

BenDavies44

Just came to mind after reading so many articals on Will Hughes' potential transfers, then i saw one about a possibility of Bryson going to Celtic. That got me worried more than any Hughes speculation, in my opinion Bryson is by far our standout player, he doesn't get as much limelight as he should though unlike Hughes. I think Bryson deserves just as much, if not more than Hughes. 

Your Thoughts?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughes creates more excitement due to the fact he's not far behind Bryson yet he's 7 years younger.

Bryson is without doubt the better player at this moment in time.

Selling Hughes would be understandable, any team in the championship would struggle not to sell him where as selling Bryson would really show a lack of desire to get promoted. Cant see it happening myself.

Hughes creates more excitement due to the fact he's not far behind Bryson yet he's 7 years younger.

Bryson is without doubt the better player at this moment in time.

Selling Hughes would be understandable, any team in the championship would struggle not to sell him where as selling Bryson would really show a lack of desire to get promoted. Cant see it happening myself.

thats true enough, i think bryson is committed to Derby with the effort he puts in week in, week out.. Just have a feeling he'd be tempted if Celtic did come along and show him some money

I can see Bryson if he does eventually move on, playing for someone like Everton, they are pretty good at unearthing gems and he would fit right in to there style of play.

Hard to compare as others have said.

For me Bryson is the ideal Championship midfielder; unbelievable engine and work ethic, decent passer and touch, makes good runs and (this season especially) has shown to be a great finisher. I think he'd be ok for a lower Prem team but nothing more. I know that sounds harsh but I just think his style is more suited to the hustle and bustle of the Champ.

Hughes is a top Premiership player in the making. I think he'd benefit from having more time on the ball like he would do at a good Prem team and would make him stand out even more. His touch, vision and weight of pass are top notch. He's also a very good tackler which a lot of people forget.

In conclusion, just bloody keep both!

Hard to compare as others have said.

For me Bryson is the ideal Championship midfielder; unbelievable engine and work ethic, decent passer and touch, makes good runs and (this season especially) has shown to be a great finisher. I think he'd be ok for a lower Prem team but nothing more. I know that sounds harsh but I just think his style is more suited to the hustle and bustle of the Champ.

Hughes is a top Premiership player in the making. I think he'd benefit from having more time on the ball like he would do at a good Prem team and would make him stand out even more. His touch, vision and weight of pass are top notch. He's also a very good tackler which a lot of people forget.

In conclusion, just bloody keep both!

Bryson's goals in the last 2 games have been astonishingly good.  Amazingly composed shooting. The chip against the oncoming goalkeeper last week and this week making space for himself before curling his shot into the corner. You do not expect that from a Championship midfielder. In fact, there aren't many Championship strikers who can shoot that well.

It took 19 years for a Rams player to get a league hat trick, then two in one season. Bryson and Martin already both in double figures... could we have 2 players get 20 goals in the same season?

Hughes doesn't just pick a pass. He picks the right pass that leads to other players having options themselves.

There are lots of tidy players. Like Leon Britton for example. All over the pitch taking the ball and dropping it off to the nearest teammate. Very good to have players like that but they don't actually do much. Hughes isn't just tidy. He's got real potential to puppeteer entire games. He can change tempo. He's still fine tuning but he's pretty good most the time at knowing which pass relieves pressure and which pass can start a move. Not sure how high he can take it. Depends on the quality around him really. And obviously he needs to improve everything he's good at to go right to the top.

Bryson I'd say is more like Britton. A busy support player. Keep things ticking but mostly he'll give the ball to the nearest white shirt whether that's the right pass or not. Again that's different to Coutts who waits for the right pass but doesn't recognise it like Will Hughes does and often ends up missing the best opportunity.

What Bryson has added to his locker is he's shown with a player like Martin, who he can trust to go past and not be caught out, he can make these easy passes high up the pitch. Turning him from 'tidy' to threatening. Then he's added goals to his game by actually believing he can score and now he just can't help himself from looking to get goals. Much more confident. Much more aggressive. Much better player.

They could both vanish if they are bought by the wrong manager/team.

Hughes is still very young so you'd hope he can develop everything he has in his locker. Bryson is pretty much showing his best. Probably get a bit more out of him in a better side.

Agree with cisse. Keep both.

They are a great blend.

Hughes' link play and passing is magical.

What a player he will become.

But those passes need targets....people running ahead and into the holes......Bryson amongst others.

Hopefully players will heed the lesson of john brayford.

Don't be in too much of a hurry to jump ship.....the grass isn't always greener and we've got something special at the mo.

P.s. If we still had brayford we would be even better.

Archived