Where were you when we was shite!?

Boycie

We're pulling in 25,000 - 26,000 fans now with virtually no away fans. The last 3 home games have barely had more than 1,000 away supporters between them.

We had a bigger crowd than Stoke v Villa on saturday. Villa took 3,000, Donny brought about 500?

I can see some big queues on New years day!

Yes, totally agree. The point I was trying to make (badly) was that if you had to go to a marquee to pick up a ticket (presumably paid for online or over the phone?) then just turning up for it 20 minutes before kickoff wasn't exactly good forward planning. Getting there at least an hour earlier - or two hours earlier - would have been my approach.

We know what it was like back in the 70's though Utch - queuing all night for the big games.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, totally agree. The point I was trying to make (badly) was that if you had to go to a marquee to pick up a ticket (presumably paid for online or over the phone?) then just turning up for it 20 minutes before kickoff wasn't exactly good forward planning. Getting there at least an hour earlier - or two hours earlier - would have been my approach.

We know what it was like back in the 70's though Utch - queuing all night for the big games.

That particular marquee was only distributing collection tickets from 2pm. I queued from 2.10 for 45 mins to find they did not have my ticket, so I had to go to the ticket office to get one reprinted and missed the first 10 mins of the game.

I appreciate I probably should have get them posted but I didn't want to risk Christmas mail issues!

Overall I think it's good fans are coming back, just hope the atmosphere improves as a result!

Was you outside the ground that night in 76 queuing for the Semi-Final tickets? Remember playing 30 odd a side football in Shaftesbury Crescent in the middle of the night. Went a bit nippy just before dawn i seem to recall, unless it was the ale wearing off...

Was you outside the ground that night in 76 queuing for the Semi-Final tickets? Remember playing 30 odd a side football in Shaftesbury Crescent in the middle of the night. Went a bit nippy just before dawn i seem to recall, unless it was the ale wearing off...

Yep.

My Uncle had a house on Columbo Street, and my Aunt kept bringing us poor things cups of coffee and soup. I told her she could have made a fortune selling them.

Picking up tickets from the marquee before the Donny game was an absolute shambles, it looked like the management didn't know what had hit them.    :huh:

On the plus side the missus got all shouty at the ref........ didn't see that one comin' :o  

Its great to see us doing good business, just need to get a bit more professional in delivering as a good a service off the pitch as we are currently getting on it ! ^_^

I was sitting with an ex once who tried to convince me she was a Derby fan, about 70 minutes into the game she actually infuriated me by asking "what colour is Derby playing in?"!!!!!!

the other week when Stimac was here, John Vicars posted a pic of him watching football on TV in one of the rooms, I saw a pic on the wall and asked him what it was and it was that queue, I asked him to tweet a pic of it and he did. I'll try and post it again tonight. You might be in it.

UNless someone else can find it in amongst all my puppy re-tweets.

Remember it well-especially the joy when the tickets finally landed in the paw.

Archived