January Transfer Suggestions and Bollox Rumours

SalfordRam

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with this. My thoughts are could Jeff Hendrick be that midfield player? He has the build and to be honest, at the moment, he isn't a natural replacement for Hughes. I prefer Coutts or someone else in that role if necessary. Some will say he is at his best driving forward but I think he could be remoulded into a darn good defensive midfielder. 

We saw Hendrick at his best last season in my opinion. He was playing as a CM in a 442, that meant he had to play both offensively and defensively. He was a great player going forward; his driving runs opened up space on the field and often led to goals. He scored quite a few as well. 

Defensively, at the moment I think he's lacking. His instinct will still be to try and push forward and open up space. His positioning isn't there yet for a CDM.

He is at an age where he needs regular first team football to improve. While he is being coached to be a CDM, he won't be good enough to play in that role but equally he won't be able to play in the CAM role because that element of his game is what they are effectively trying to change.

I think Hendrick should be challenging for the CAM role with Hughes and Bryson. Then when he is at his best, the competition will force Hughes and Bryson to up their games.

Tbh, the fact we have this dilemma is a positive sign. We have such quality in the side that Jeff Hendrick, arguably one of our best players last season, is being left out   :lol:

Tbh as mentioned defence (LB or cover for RB as Wisdom could cover CB as well) and a defensive midfield in the Eustace mould would keep me happy. We are scoring goals for fun atm but are looking light in certain defensive positions. 

Don't particularly want Zaha but he would terrorise in a front 3 and add that extra quality that could see us get automatic. Would be surprised if he came here tbh just because like someone said there's Premier League teams that would use him. 

We saw Hendrick at his best last season in my opinion. He was playing as a CM in a 442, that meant he had to play both offensively and defensively. He was a great player going forward; his driving runs opened up space on the field and often led to goals. He scored quite a few as well. 

Defensively, at the moment I think he's lacking. His instinct will still be to try and push forward and open up space. His positioning isn't there yet for a CDM.

He is at an age where he needs regular first team football to improve. While he is being coached to be a CDM, he won't be good enough to play in that role but equally he won't be able to play in the CAM role because that element of his game is what they are effectively trying to change.

I think Hendrick should be challenging for the CAM role with Hughes and Bryson. Then when he is at his best, the competition will force Hughes and Bryson to up their games.

Tbh, the fact we have this dilemma is a positive sign. We have such quality in the side that Jeff Hendrick, arguably one of our best players last season, is being left out   :lol:

The problem is that he's a natural (and very good) CM, can attack and defend well. Unfortunately there's no room for him in the system we play atm as he's neither CAM or CDM, more of a blend of both.

The problem is that he's a natural (and very good) CM, can attack and defend well. Unfortunately there's no room for him in the system we play atm as he's neither CAM or CDM, more of a blend of both.

Agree with this. Was at the Charlton game and although I thought he did ok, the midfield didn't look as fluid as it does with Hughes in there. Although, the pitch was ***** so that prevented us zipping the ball about as well as we have been.

Quickly back on Zaha...

@SkyFootball: Crystal Palace boss Tony Pulis admits he would love to bring former player Wilfried Zaha back to the club on loan. http://t.co/Uv564RN02u

We have no chance then.

Surely he'd want to go to a side where he'd actually get a pass from a team mate rather than giving himself a permanent neck injury trying to spot the ball as it's launched into the atmosphere...

Agree with this. My thoughts are could Jeff Hendrick be that midfield player? He has the build and to be honest, at the moment, he isn't a natural replacement for Hughes. I prefer Coutts or someone else in that role if necessary. Some will say he is at his best driving forward but I think he could be remoulded into a darn good defensive midfielder. 

I'd prefer playing to his strengths myself-twas a simple formula Clough and Taylor adopted.

Yes, but where would he fit in?

As very strong competition/starter(if other/s lose form) in his best position.When SM came in he said he was amazed at the amount of game time Will had been given-yet nothing has so far changed,We have 2 decent DM in Eustace and Cisse. 

Archived