How hot do you like

Neo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just know what Eddie'll put for this and I bet you a quid shops use his recipe and flog it, cunningly disguised as paint stripper!

But for me, I'll always be on the mild side.

I love a hot curry! Madras is the mildest I go. Just perfect, but I would take on any challenge to be honest.... Must be a lamb curry though

I've recently been able to 'man-up'.

After years of refusing anything mildly spicy, I got to a stage where I now find meat bland unless it's got a bit of kick to it.

Mates used to call me "cow and gate" as my chicken tikka korma resembled baby food!

I still tend to go for a chicken tikka dupiaza 9 times out of 10, but that's because I like to taste the chicken tikka! I've experimented with Madras, Baltis, Jalfrezis, Garlic and Chilli Chicken. I'm not brave enough to waste my money on Vindaloo yet. But I will soon.

I'd never heard of the Cut-Throat Challenge until now (then I visited the Kings Corner website) - thanks. That sounds like a plan one evening.

I always wanted to have a crack at Curry Hell at the Rupali in Newcastle (when Lord Harpole was alive and I was working in Middlesbrough) but never got round to it.

My local Indian restaurant does an exceptionally tasty Naga Jolokia curry, and I can handle anything that the good Dr Burnorium prescribes, so I fancy a crack at that Cut-Throat Challenge.

Do you have to book or just turn up on curry nights?

I'd never heard of the Cut-Throat Challenge until now (then I visited the Kings Corner website) - thanks. That sounds like a plan one evening.

I always wanted to have a crack at Curry Hell at the Rupali in Newcastle (when Lord Harpole was alive and I was working in Middlesbrough) but never got round to it.

My local Indian restaurant does an exceptionally tasty Naga Jolokia curry, and I can handle anything that the good Dr Burnorium prescribes, so I fancy a crack at that Cut-Throat Challenge.

Do you have to book or just turn up on curry nights?

Oh my. Eddie takes the prize for having an asbestos gob. Do you drink milk with it Eddie like Adam does ftom Man V Food. Not sure if it's a help given that his eyes are pouring and his nose is streaming.

Oh my. Eddie takes the prize for having an asbestos gob. Do you drink milk with it Eddie like Adam does ftom Man V Food. Not sure if it's a help given that his eyes are pouring and his nose is streaming.

Definitely no milk - and no beer when I'm eating a 'normal' (e.g. Vindaloo) curry either - although I will partake of a lager if we're talking Phal or a 'special'. Adam Richman is a bit of a fairy when it comes to hot food. It's not just my gob that's asbestos, but other regions too. I've never suffered from the 'Ring of Fire', but that may have something to do with the fact that I've lived in the Far East when I was a kid where we had a half-Thai, half-Malay Amah for 3 years who used to make the most amazing green curry. Given the choice I would live on the spicy stuff.

I can't get my wife to eat (or make) anything hotter than a Madras curry, and she's been married to me for 38 years so knows I'm going to whine at the wussy curries she dishes up. Yesterday we had a chilli - and she only put ONE Scotch Bonnet in it. How can I live like that?

Archived