Racism Row

Bris Vegas

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you mean mate? I don't follow

You don't get African people like Toure touted all over the world as being one of the greats. Samuel Eto'o came pretty close I suppose, but if there is a European or South American alternative, you can guarantee that they'll get more praise.

People get wound up when a black man says things like Toure has done, well, white people do. Sol Campbell might say something, and people will point out his flaws, and it gets left at that.

Paul Gascoigne, well he was a great footballer. Sol Campbell, well he had a mental breakdown.

I'd go into it a bit more, but I've got a cold and breathing takes priority in regards to effort I'm making. Maybe somebody else who is feeling fit can do it.

Edit - George Weah, remember him? I can't remember much about him apart from he played in Italy.

You don't get African people like Toure touted all over the world as being one of the greats.

Maybe because he isn't one of the greats regardless of skin colour.

Quality footballer yes but not a great.

Pele was African - wasn't he considered the best player in the World?

Brazilian

Like it ain't in Africa. Geez.

Er....not since the Triassic Period.

You can call someone a fatso and people around keep snickering but say a N word and you are the scum of the earth.

Being fat is a lifestyle choice which very possibly results from greed, ignorance or laziness.

Being black isn't.

Stupid comparison.

Toure isn't fit to lace Figo/Zidane/Ronaldo (fat and thin)'s boots never mind pele maradona Eusebio etc regardless of colour/gender/sexuality so he can get down off this podium he's found himself on.

The players that you mentioned are all-time greats. I don't think that anyone (least of all himself) is calling Yaya Toure an all-time great.

Sheesh, way to over-react.

Being fat is a lifestyle choice is a statement which is also a stupid one.

I myself ain't so smart to start with but I know enough not to abuse fat people, black people, short people, sic people or anyone else due to their outlook.

Of course there are people better than me who might own that kind of right.

Edson Arantes do Nascimento better known as Pelé is a retired Brazilian footballer.

He is regarded by many experts, football critics, former players, current players and football fans in general as the best player of all time.[12] In 1999, he was voted World Player of the Century by the International Federation of Football History & Statistics.[13] The same year, influential France Football magazine consulted their former Ballon D'Or winners to elect the Football Player of the Century. Pelé came in first place.[14] In 1999, Pelé was elected "Athlete of the Century" by the IOC, and was named in Time magazine's list of 100 most influential people of the 20th century.[15] In 2013 he received the FIFA Ballon d'Or Prix d'Honneur in recognition of his career and achievements as a global icon of football.[16]

.....just never really got the credit he deserves.

I wasn't advocating abusing anyone.

You show a distinct lack of understanding and respect if you think obesity, which is a social/ health problem of the last 30 years, is in any way comparable to the horrors which people have had inflicted upon them, for centuries, in the name of race.

Edson Arantes do Nascimento better known as Pelé is a retired Brazilian footballer.

He is regarded by many experts, football critics, former players, current players and football fans in general as the best player of all time.[12] In 1999, he was voted World Player of the Century by the International Federation of Football History & Statistics.[13] The same year, influential France Football magazine consulted their former Ballon D'Or winners to elect the Football Player of the Century. Pelé came in first place.[14] In 1999, Pelé was elected "Athlete of the Century" by the IOC, and was named in Time magazine's list of 100 most influential people of the 20th century.[15] In 2013 he received the FIFA Ballon d'Or Prix d'Honneur in recognition of his career and achievements as a global icon of football.[16]

.....just never really got the credit he deserves.

my mistake, for some reason I thought he was born in Mozambique & moved to brazil when young

Why? Of course it's a bloody lifestyle choice.

People aren't born obese. They aren't segregated into ghettos by military police and force fed cake.

More's the pity.

I'd go and Battenburg someone to death or Punschkrapfen out of someone if I could guarantee I would get arrested as a Tiramasurist - and I'm not even cake-obsessed.

I wasn't advocating abusing anyone.

You show a distinct lack of understanding and respect if you think obesity, which is a social/ health problem of the last 30 years, is in any way comparable to the horrors which people have had inflicted upon them, for centuries, in the name of race.

I'm not comparing anything. My point was that there are a lot of assholes who think you can abuse some people like fat people for example and then they go walking around talking about how good people they are because they don't abuse some other people. In my mind there should be someone defending anyone being abused by any reason.

Try to understand and respect that.

Archived