watches....to dream on for

froggg

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Thats a bit more like it.....

what do you design?

Anything to do with spirits at the moment, print, strategy, events, packaging interiors etc. Clients that I've worked with include Glenfiddich, Bacardi, Bombay Sapphire, Grey Goose, The Savoy etc etc...

43 minutes ago, Shang said:

Anything to do with spirits at the moment, print, strategy, events, packaging interiors etc. Clients that I've worked with include Glenfiddich, Bacardi, Bombay Sapphire, Grey Goose, The Savoy etc etc...

I'd imagine it would be hard to design for these without trying lots of the product first,  purely for research purposes!

As promised.

Spent the entire first day staring at it, spent the entire second day at work wishing I could be wearing it, got home and put it on and eventually prised the thing off my wrist at just gone 1am after staring at it. Proceeded to stare at it before putting it in its box and staring at it. I then fell asleep and dreamt of it. Woke up this morning, stared at it and now I'm staring at pictures of it...

No need to say I'm in love.

image1 (2).JPG

12076899_10153708080426684_1078819606_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Chris Mills said:

its more than just a watch :angry:

Ah but for you a watch is an mechanical and artistic gem of engineering.  For me it just tells the time:sleep:

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

I could win the lottery and struggle to hand over £1600 for a watch without crying

Indeed, I understand why you think that too of course. As SY just said, for me it means more than to you but also even more than what he said! 

I could have spent the money travelling Europe for a few weeks maybe or put it safely away for a rainy day, but instead I have bought something that I can enjoy for the rest of my life and hopefully hand down the generations, telling its own stories and maybe even further generations could make more with it (although it's more likely they will say, ew that's an old mans watch and sell it in several decades time) unlike let's say a new car which people would think was better value for money than the watch but at the end of the day would become a "oh yeah I once had a...". I fully expect to spend several times that amount keeping it serviced etc. so the price I bought it for will probably be a fraction of the total cost! 

20 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Indeed, I understand why you think that too of course. As SY just said, for me it means more than to you but also even more than what he said! 

I could have spent the money travelling Europe for a few weeks maybe or put it safely away for a rainy day, but instead I have bought something that I can enjoy for the rest of my life and hopefully hand down the generations, telling its own stories and maybe even further generations could make more with it (although it's more likely they will say, ew that's an old mans watch and sell it in several decades time) unlike let's say a new car which people would think was better value for money than the watch but at the end of the day would become a "oh yeah I once had a...". I fully expect to spend several times that amount keeping it serviced etc. so the price I bought it for will probably be a fraction of the total cost! 

If you service that watch say every 8-10 years it will last for next 500 years. Longines isn't that expensive to service actually so just enjoy your new baby.