French football to go on strike

uttoxram75

I thought it was the players at first but its actually the Clubs organising the strike....

France’s top tier football clubs will go on strike at the end of November in an act of protest against the government’s plans to impose a 75 percent tax on earnings over one million euros, the country’s Union of Professional Football Clubs (UCPF) said on Thursday.

"There will be a weekend without a game at the end of the month (of November)," Jean-Pierre Louvel, the UCPF president, told a news conference. “People will be welcome in our stadiums, but there will be no games.''

The strike will affect Ligue 1 and 2 matches from November 29 to December 2.

The UCPF announced they were considering such a move earlier in the week, when they threatened to boycott this weekend’s matches.

The union fears that if the government moves forward with plans to impose the tax, which is due to come into effect in 2014 and 2015, the country’s most talented players will be driven away from national clubs, damaging French football as a whole.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sont fous les francais nest-ce pas?

The French have real class when it comes to raising objections.

Just be glad it ain't 1789!

Vive la revolution.

Ou est ma tete? :ph34r:

C'est dans le panier

23px-Flag_of_France.svg France[1] 33.33% 0% 45%/ 75% (in 2014) (income tax) 66% 19.6% or 7% or 5.5% or 2.1% Taxation in France

just answering my own question , 45% now , 75% in 2014 , a massive increase of 30%

no wonder they're not happy..

our max is 45%..

I guess there'll be a lot of French players available over the next season or two though.

Aaaaaaaagh brainfart alert - no-one called either Pierre or Ducrocq please.

23px-Flag_of_France.svg France[1] 33.33% 0% 45%/ 75% (in 2014) (income tax) 66% 19.6% or 7% or 5.5% or 2.1% Taxation in France

just answering my own question , 45% now , 75% in 2014 , a massive increase of 30%

no wonder they're not happy..

our max is 45%..

Its 75% of earnings OVER 1million Euros.....I don't suppose 99.9% of the French population have to worry about it!

Archived