How far away from promotion?

blackNwhites

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really, been distinctly underwhelmed by grant. Can think of at least five or six goals I'd have him at fault for this season. No improvement on ledgkins currently.

Hoping he finds his feet as such and becomes a rock for us. If our defence finds some form and stops letting in soft goals I think we'll comfortably be too six by January!

Grant stopped Fores**t from winning 4 or 5-0.

I'd be more concerned if were getting clean sheets and not scoring, some people are too focused a clean sheets, having firepower should be a priority as no team really defends that well in this league.

I prefer it this way around too.

It does pi55 me off though watching Forsyth get his telescope out to try and find the man he was supposed to be marking.

There's conceding and then there's helping team score. Frustrating when the goals we concede are easily avoidable.

As for Grant... well people weren't happy with Bywater or Fielding or Legzdins or Jones or...

I'm not entirely sure what standard of keeper we are hoping for here? Who are the good keepers in this division?

I have to say I thought under Taylor (who was a fantastic servant to Derby!) each of our keepers became or were indecisive. Their shot stopping was fair but they were never consistently making good decisions.

(Tbh if I was a manager I'd end up with someone like Valdes. Better footballer than some players but not the best goalkeeper. I've never really paid attention to keepers. I consider them unimportant in the grand scheme.

Probably a bad attitude to have.

Grant stopped Fores**t from winning 4 or 5-0.

His job is to save shots and not let goals in? He played well against forest. Surely the ideal is he plays to that level each game rather than 1 in 10? Don't think he's been awful, but I expected more. Hearing he was burnleys player of the year over Charlie Austin raised my expectations massively.

wins at Birmingham Sheff wednesday and Bournemouth along with a draw at QPR and we will

be in the top 6, then we just have to stay there.

I've been dreaming of that for the next four games as well! Think we'll win the three mentioned its just qpr I'm struggling to be optimistic for! Might be a bridge too far for our young side

Now that Wisdom, Keogh, Buxton, Whitbread are in......praying to the football gods Barks come back, we could then even afford to let OB get fit down the road in sheffield)

We're a John Brayford away from nailed on top 6.

Make THAT happen and I might start to calm down on how much I want Sam Rush to get splashed by a bus going through a puddle every single sodding day of his goaty bearded life.

That'd wipe the sneaky grin off his face and give him a valid reason to keep sucking for his breath through his own teeth half way through every sentence.

Edited to add:

Look at what we've got STILL to come back in, Hendrick is massive, Coutts, Russell, Barker. We've got a great squad already.

Archived