The gardeners have downed tools

Day

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to move on folks - we have a new manager & coaching staff and Nigel and his men have their new job.

Good luck to all of them and thanks for building a TEAM at Derby.

Hopefully Mac and his crew will take those foundations and develop it into something great.

Personally I hope he doesn't bring in too many players too soon and spoil the team spirit.

My first reaction Mostyn is that you're incredibly full of **** and you'll say and write anything to get a reaction.

But just in case

If Archie Gemmil or anyone connected to Archie read this. I love Scot Gemill to bits, alwasy did and always will, but Archie???

Archie how popular were you with the players at Forest when you were coach?  How well did you do at Rotherham when Brian got you the job? You were hated sunshine, hated.

That's what really pisses me off, even people who should show a bit of respect and loyalty are having cheap digs.

Mostyn you must really be a a special person that so many players and coaches talk so openly to you. I'd love to meet you to find out who you are and what you've done to deserve such respect from those inside football.

Fecking Archie Gemill, let me buy you a pint and we'll have a chat about it if you want Archie. Now I'm grown up you wouldn't be able to scare the **** out of me which was basically your only tactic.

As phil collins sang and it's quite apt as it about cowardice and betrayal.....

I was there and I saw what you did, saw it with my own two eyes....

Not trying to defend Mostyn here but it was LittleEatonRam that posted it :)

The only person he hasn't taken is Taylor and on the press conference he sounded not pleased about that. He has managed to take Simon though. I can't believe what qualifies him for that! TBH I was unaware until recently that he was even on Derby's payroll.

No point arguing about what Nige did for Derby folks. We need to move on.

He's picked a bad job imo because the team doesn't reflect the ambition. They are pretty garbage. They have Frankenstein's monster playing CB and Marlon King upfront who looks like he's had a lovely summer. He's about as pacey and Shaun Barker was 12 months ago.

Premier League in 5 years? Big ask. It'll take 1 and a half to get out of L1 at the first attempt.

I don't know if they've noticed but they have been a top team in L1 for sometime and not finished the job.

Get that, and agree. But equally there's no point nit picking about who said what about Clough and how good it is McClaren's here. Comments like that are purely said to wind people up.

Lots of people aren't happy about Clough leaving. Doesn't mean I won't support McClaren. But the job Clough did for five hard years and the job McClaren has walked in to are totally different. Can't compare them.

With regard to the Sheff Utd job, not sure what their ambitions are immediately and that's key to working out whether Nige is the right man.

If it's an immediate impact and tilt at promotion, it probably won't work - he's not an impact manager.

If it's a root and branch reform, shifting expensive deadwood and making the club stable again, he's got excellent referenceability so I'd say he's well suited.

I tried to multi quote Daveo, I couldn't even get that right ;-)

It's Mostyns posts that led onto LittleEatonRams post that got me hot under the collar again.

Ahh, that would make sense, feel silly for having a chuckle now

Ahh, that would make sense, feel silly for having a chuckle now

Chuckle away mate.

I can see how to someone who doesn't know me and doesn't know why I am the way I am could accuse me of being a tad over protective.

It won't stop pissing me off until the clown stops trying to cheapen him with shitty remarks even after he's gone. Who the feck is this guy to rip apart every single part of Cloughs management style?

Seriously who is he?

Chuckle away mate.

I can see how to someone who doesn't know me and doesn't know why I am the way I am could accuse me of being a tad over protective.

It won't stop pissing me off until the clown stops trying to cheapen him with shitty remarks even after he's gone. Who the feck is this guy to rip apart every single part of Cloughs management style?

Seriously who is he?

cheer up ronnie. I was upset when nigel left. I was even more upset with the thought of mostyn's face after his clough out campaign came to a conclusion.

Since then i have enjoyed my football and i am looking forward to the rest of the season.

cheer up ronnie. I was upset when nigel left. I was even more upset with the thought of mostyn's face after his clough out campaign came to a conclusion.

Since then i have enjoyed my football and i am looking forward to the rest of the season.

And so say all of us 

Ronnie is maverick for Clough. Archie Archie Gemmill

Pardon my ignorance but who the f*ck is Archie Gemmill to talk about management?

The day one of his ex players comes out and criticises him, or a fellow management professional feels his style is outdated I'll listen. Until then he's a bloke who did a good job, and we've employed someone else who hopefully will do a good job. No need to compare the two.

For goodness sake stop having a go at Archie he's a legend for us Im sick of this

My first reaction Mostyn is that you're incredibly full of **** and you'll say and write anything to get a reaction.

But just in case

If Archie Gemmil or anyone connected to Archie read this. I love Scot Gemill to bits, alwasy did and always will, but Archie???

Archie how popular were you with the players at Forest when you were coach?  How well did you do at Rotherham when Brian got you the job? You were hated sunshine, hated.

That's what really pisses me off, even people who should show a bit of respect and loyalty are having cheap digs.

Mostyn you must really be a a special person that so many players and coaches talk so openly to you. I'd love to meet you to find out who you are and what you've done to deserve such respect from those inside football.

Fecking Archie Gemill, let me buy you a pint and we'll have a chat about it if you want Archie. Now I'm grown up you wouldn't be able to scare the **** out of me which was basically your only tactic.

As phil collins sang and it's quite apt as it about cowardice and betrayal.....

I was there and I saw what you did, saw it with my own two eyes....

Archie Gemmill is a Rams legend stop it now

Mr. Mostyn being Delusional again - Hilarious.

In your defence, it only seems like a ridiculous statement because it is a ridiculous statement.

To quote one of your previous comments "I see things that nobody else sees". :) I guess that you hear things that no one else hears as well.

As I said mate, I couldn't care less what you do and don't believe.

I wasn't upset gritstone,  I was angry and confused.

I'm loving the football. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

It was enough to hammer him constantly for four and half years while he was here, do they really have nothing better to do than to try to reinforce the point over and over and over and over and over again even now he's gone somewhere else?

I've got news for a few on here.

YOU WERE RIGHT, NIGEL WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO GET YOU UP, YOU WERE RIGHT AND I WAS WRONG.

Now what else do you want to prove? that he was a total clueless ****?

I don't agree with sitting here quietly while there's a character assasination going on. I had enough of that already.

Surely Mostyn and one or two others should be so focussed and excited with what's going at Derby that they'd concentrate on that.

Enough already.

Archived