Derby County v Birmingham City

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rams starting line-up to face Birmingham City.

Grant (GK), Wisdom, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth, Eustace, Bryson, Hughes, Ward, Dawkins, Martin.

Subs: Morch (GK), Freeman, Smith, Jacobs, Ball, Bennett, Sammon

Not sure what Dawkins has done to warrant a starting place over Sammon.

Also, folks talk about square pegs and round holes. So we play a centre back at right back and leave a right back on the bench.

Interesting....

Also, folks talk about square pegs and round holes. So we play a centre back at right back and leave a right back on the bench.

Interesting....

Interesting....

3 @ the back with 5 in midfield???

Interesting....

He plays both and has played for Liverpool a number of times at right back, so not really square pegs and round holes. Dawkins will be a wide position as will Ward, Sammon would not be suited to a wide role.

Front 3

Dawkins--------------Ward

-------------Martin----------

In short - you're talking nonsense.

4-3-3 / 4-5-1 most likely.

Interesting if so as they're clearly not that enamored with Smith at full-back. Can't say I disagree entirely but it does make me miss Brayford all the more. To think he's languishing in Cardiff reserves and we haven't been able to effectively replace him even with a highly rated Premier League full-back.

Lets see how Wisdom gets on there but from what I've heard he's more equipped to be a CB.

Also surprised and disappointed that Jacobs isn't being given an opportunity ahead of Dawkins but let's hope he's eager to impress. Personally not a huge fan of too many loans, would rather see the likes of Jacobs and Bennett being given more game time.

Just not keen on wise guys.
I'm not a wise guy. Just you came on and were critical without knowing or seeing how the team lined up and without the knowledge to back it up (Wisdom can play both roles). I'm not saying you shouldn't have an opinion but at least wait before leaping to a claim of square pegs, round holes or indeed stating that Sammon should be picked ahead of someone who plays a different role.

He plays both and has played for Liverpool a number of times at right back, so not really square pegs and round holes. Dawkins will be a wide position as will Ward, Sammon would not be suited to a wide role.

Front 3

Dawkins--------------Ward

-------------Martin----------

In short - you're talking nonsense.

nonsense.

nonsense.

nonsense.

stop talking such nonsense.

I'm not a wise guy. Just you came on and were critical without knowing or seeing how the team lined up and without the knowledge to back it up (Wisdom can play both roles). I'm saying you shouldn't have an opinion but at least wait before leaping to a claim of square pegs, round holes or indeed stating that Sammon should be picked ahead of someone who plays a different role.

ooooh.

sorry.

4-3-3 / 4-5-1 most likely.

Interesting if so as they're clearly not that enamored with Smith at full-back. Can't say I disagree entirely but it does make me miss Brayford all the more. To think he's languishing in Cardiff reserves and we haven't been able to effectively replace him even with a highly rated Premier League full-back.

Lets see how Wisdom gets on there but from what I've heard he's more equipped to be a CB.

Also surprised and disappointed that Jacobs isn't being given an opportunity ahead of Dawkins but let's hope he's eager to impress. Personally not a huge fan of too many loans, would rather see the likes of Jacobs and Bennett being given more game time.

I do wonder what it is about Jacobs that makes him a non-starter. I'd like to see him play.

Archived